Engine won't turn over - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-08-2014, 01:36 AM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Engine won't turn over

So I basically let my 06 600rr sit over the winter and the battery died. After jumping it I finally let it run for 20 minutes and then hooked up the battery tender. Now about a week later I turn the key and I can't get it to turn over. I hear the fuel injector priming but it just can't seem to get enough power. I try to jump it off another battery that I know is good and it just keeps cranking without turning over. I checked the main 30a fuse and it was blown and replaced but the engine still won't turn over. I checked the fuse box on the left side of the bike and nothing. I'm in the process of replacing the spark plugs and will test for spark tomorrow. Is there anything else that I am overlooking? I probably flooded the engine while attempting to start it but I opened the throttle all the way up and just sat there trying to start it for about a minute and it still wouldn't turn over. Please help as any advice is much appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-08-2014, 02:59 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

From what I'm reading online it seems like the starter relay is a common problem. However I made a video testing for spark, if the starter relay were working then my spark plugs wouldn't be firing correct? Sorry for lack of knowledge just trying to figure this crap out! Here's a video, hopefully it can tell you what i've forgot....
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-08-2014, 03:03 PM
Knee Dragger

If you're starter relay went bad the starter wouldn't spin at all.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-08-2014, 05:07 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Dang well I know the engine has compression because it was perfectly fine last week when I was running it and I'm sure I would have noticed if a head gasket blew or something. Therefore the problem may be fuel related so I will add some premium as its at like 2 bars and see if anything happens. Otherwise, how else in the world do I troubleshoot this?
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-10-2014, 12:12 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Oddly enough, I filled the tank full of gas yesterday. The gas in there was almost 3 months old. I just mixed the new in with what was already there. The bike fired right up. Perhaps there wasn't enough gas in there or the tank is tilted so that the pump is not at the lowest level. Either way, the bike is running so i'm happy :), now i'm just going to refill with new coolant and put the bike back together. Any other maintenance I should do before I put it all back together? Bike has 12k miles. Spark plugs all look good, will refill with new coolant. Would a new fuel filter be completely unneccessary at this point? Thanks for the help and I hope this helps someone else in the future.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-11-2014, 07:15 PM
Knee Dragger

If I'm not mistaken the pump and filter are one assembly and can't be replaced separately. But I could be wrong

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-12-2014, 05:16 PM
Training Wheel Hero

I wish my problem was a easy as needed gas.
you are so lucky!!!
my bike ( 03cbr600rr with 6k miles) has been in the shop for 3 days because it wouldn't start.
After 3 days they "say" they narrowed it down 2 the ecu or a wire coming from the ignition switch.
It ran Great a few days ago.
I NEVER LET IT SIT.
I ride every day the streets are dry.
Only use premium gas.
ALWAYS MAINTAINED.( fresh fluids, filters ,etc.)

Count your blessings man.

"You needed gas!!
That's funny as heck..
At least I didn't do all that other work, (checking plugs, stator etc..)
Haha.
I can't believe you even admitted that. Too funny.
1 reason I Don't try to fix it myself.

Hopefully it's the ignition wire.
Not the ecu.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page