no power electrically - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-13-2014, 01:30 AM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
no power electrically

so I went up to my bike today to try to leave when I turn my key on there was no power to the dash I could not start my bike my clock was not on nothing so I pull my battery off charged took it back out to the bike plug everything back up the way it should be turn my key on the lights came on barely my temperature fan has not worked in a year and all of a sudden the cuts on when the key is off and also when I turn the key home check the battery my charger says its good not sure what else to doit's late here so I'm going to do more trouble shooting tomorrow but if anybody can help it would be appreciated Thanks for yaknowledge
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-13-2014, 05:43 AM
Lifetime Premium

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
You can try checking your fuses by the battery and behind the left mid also, but sounds like a short somewhere in the system. If what I read right (confusing towards the middle, lol). Your saying fan hasnt worked in a year ? Now it does randomly with key on or off?

This could be your culprit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Rizzo- View Post
hey pound town is going to take over as a saying
Keeper of the Bucket-2W1R

My build thread...
[/I]https://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?p=6111490#post6111490
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-13-2014, 05:44 AM
Knee Dragger

Battery chargers only read the voltage while there is no load on the battery. I bad battery can read good voltages after being charged. I would say you need a new battery.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-13-2014, 10:42 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrist-Twist-Rookie View Post
Battery chargers only read the voltage while there is no load on the battery. I bad battery can read good voltages after being charged. I would say you need a new battery.
Definitely get it load tested. I could roll start my bike with a battery that showed "0% Battery Life" on a Honda Dealership's battery load tester. I watched him hooked up and then he chuckled a little bit when the reading came up on the screen.

'03 600 RR - ~33,000 miles (14,000 from me)
Yoshimura RS-5 Slip on - Arrow Stainless Headers - BMC Street Filter - PCV - EK 520 Chain on Driven Sprockets - CoreMoto Stainless Lines (F+R) - Dan Kyle PAIR Delete - The2Wheels Shorty Levers - Vortex V3 Rearsets - Woodcraft Frame Sliders & Bar Ends - Woodcraft Stator and Clutch Covers - Cox Radiator Guard - Renthal Dual Compound Grips - 1000RR Kill Switch and Throttle Housing - TST IT and FE - Proton Flushmounts
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-13-2014, 11:05 AM
Lifetime Premium

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by fail.com View Post
my temperature fan has not worked in a year and all of a sudden the cuts on when the key is off and also when I turn the key home
You guys are saying a bad battery is causing this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Rizzo- View Post
hey pound town is going to take over as a saying
Keeper of the Bucket-2W1R

My build thread...
[/I]https://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?p=6111490#post6111490
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-13-2014, 11:27 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrathsrr View Post
I didn't read that part I guess. That's definitely not a symptom of battery issues.

'03 600 RR - ~33,000 miles (14,000 from me)
Yoshimura RS-5 Slip on - Arrow Stainless Headers - BMC Street Filter - PCV - EK 520 Chain on Driven Sprockets - CoreMoto Stainless Lines (F+R) - Dan Kyle PAIR Delete - The2Wheels Shorty Levers - Vortex V3 Rearsets - Woodcraft Frame Sliders & Bar Ends - Woodcraft Stator and Clutch Covers - Cox Radiator Guard - Renthal Dual Compound Grips - 1000RR Kill Switch and Throttle Housing - TST IT and FE - Proton Flushmounts
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-14-2014, 06:03 AM
Administrator

Thanked 1,530 Times in 1,047 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fail.com View Post
so I went up to my bike today to try to leave when I turn my key on there was no power to the dash I could not start my bike my clock was not on nothing so I pull my battery off charged took it back out to the bike plug everything back up the way it should be turn my key on the lights came on barely my temperature fan has not worked in a year and all of a sudden the cuts on when the key is off and also when I turn the key home check the battery my charger says its good not sure what else to doit's late here so I'm going to do more trouble shooting tomorrow but if anybody can help it would be appreciated Thanks for yaknowledge
ok.

So to start with, what you've written there makes almost no sense at all. Can you spell it out again one point at a time. When doing so, describe what you did and what you observed. Then start a new line and say what you did next and subsequently observed etc. One action and set of observations per block of text, and all in chronological order.

Next, what year bike is it? What mods have been done?

Once you've got a legible description of the issue I'll be more than happy to help you work through it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Nico For This Useful Post:
Canadian_Wanabi (05-21-2014)
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-14-2014, 06:31 AM
Knee Dragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrathsrr View Post

No, sounds like he has two separate issues.. One thats been causing no fans, or intermittent gauges, for over a year?.. And the other sounds like a dead battery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page