problem with rear brake - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-14-2014, 01:08 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
problem with rear brake

hi guys!! i have a problem with my cbr600rr 07.. my rear brake was weak and i changed the brake oil and was still weak so i changed the brake pad and is still weak.. when i push the brake hard the tyre dont block.. there is no air in the brake lines... what is the problem? i dont have rear brake.... HELLLPPPP PLEASEEE!!!!

"I try to have a different relationship with the bike. I don't give it a name, but I always speak with it. I don't know if the other riders do the same. This is not only a piece of metal - there is a soul." - ''Valentino Rossi''

http://www.youtube.com/user/loucasp1/videos
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-14-2014, 01:11 PM
BOTY 2014 Winner

Garage
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
i mean it sounds like an air problem is your brake pedal adjusted properly to the cylinder the two lil nuts? not sure how that would affect it tho.

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. Mark Twain
https://www.600rr.net/vb/176-rr-other-brands-bike-build/527578-seksas-track-build.html
04 CBR600rr Track bike partout : https://www.600rr.net/vb/106-03-06-rr-parts/581209-03-04-track-bike-part-out-pcv-yoyodyne-so.html
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-14-2014, 01:18 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

what's a rear brake?

it's not particularly strong to begin with but check that there's no crap sticking the piston. other than that I don't know, I only rarely use it at the track & it's not to stop

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-14-2014, 01:51 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

could be the piston is stuck but also as it's a sliding caliper it could be the caliper is corroded onto the pin and not sliding.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-14-2014, 05:30 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
mine is exactly the same,its just the way it is,mine will just about lock wheel on gravel but not on tarmac,as others said its more a control brake as opposed to all out stopping,i reckon you might just have to put up with it

07RR//r&g frame sliders,tst IT,fork+swingarm protectors,r&g rad guard,red asv,s
,red lowers,yoshi rs5,oem seat cowl,vcr rearsets,stomp grip,,headlight covers,0.875 springs,,flush mounts,fe,spools,oem numberboards,rim tape,cam mount ,db screen,lightech carbon mirrors,res socks,gi-pro,led pegs,carbon tank panels/yoke trim/ hugger/chain guard/front fender/fuel trim,carbon wrapped sub frame,gb engine covers,numerous carbon wrapped pieces,RED mids, suspension set up
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-15-2014, 07:46 AM
Knee Dragger

I would check to see how tight the brake pads are against the rotor when u push the brake. They could just be out of adjustment.

'09 CBR 600RR
- Two Brothers carbon fiber black series slip on exhaust
- Power Commander V
- Autotuner
- Zero Gravity double bubble dark smoke windscreen
- BK Moto V2 dual halo/demon eye projector kit
- TST smoke integrated taillight
- ASV F3 shorty levers
- flush mount front signals
- Galfer steel braided brake lines and pads
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-15-2014, 09:09 AM
BOTM winner 03/15

Garage
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngy View Post
could be the piston is stuck but also as it's a sliding caliper it could be the caliper is corroded onto the pin and not sliding.
^This.

Mine was similar until I removed and cleaned up the calliper inc slider pin. The pin was corroded which made it difficult for the pads to slide properly. I did install HEL stainless steel braided brake lines at the same time and I'm pretty sure that helped with feel too.

UK '08 CBR600RR build thread: link *SOLD*
BOTM Winner 03/15

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-15-2014, 09:48 AM
Lifetime Premium

I have the same problem OP. To stop via my rear brake I literally have to shift all my weight to my right foot and pretty much stand up and even then I'm not sure it would ever lock up on anything other than gravel. I replaced the pads, replaced the fluid, bled the lines and cleaned all relevant rear brakes parts and it MAYBE helped a tiny bit. But 2 weeks later (now) my rear brakes are no better than they were before I cleaned/replaced everything. I mean the only things I can think of that may help now would be an all new MC - kinda drastic, or like someone else said, new stainless steel brake lines? Honestly, I wish I had access to another 600 to compare my rear brakes against to see if this "weak" behavior is just normal for cbr's.

2009 CBR600RR
DDM HIDs-Leyla Fairings w/Cowl-Spirit Line Tank Pad-Sato Racing Helmet Lock-Akra S/O-CBR Heaven FE/IT-BikeBolts Kit-Stomp Grips-Keiti CF Gas Cap-K&N HF Air Filter-DIY License Plate Relocator-Cycle Pirates Shift Lever-ZG Double Bubble-Pit Bull Spools-Tapeworks Graffiti Rimstripes-600rr.net Sock-PZR Zero GI-Tekacarbon CF Heat Shield & Rear Hugger-Driven EvoSpec Sprockets-EK 3D Blk Chain-Driven LE D3's-Smoked Hyper White Halo-1's-ASV C5's-RR Bar Ends-Q3's-RAM Mount-eTrex Legend

KCCO
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-15-2014, 09:59 AM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Ya like everyone stated rear brake is very weak. When used with the front I barely feel a difference. it's a control stop to balance weight. When I put my ss lines on it stiffened up the pedal ALOT.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-16-2014, 12:29 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

thnx guys i will check it!

"I try to have a different relationship with the bike. I don't give it a name, but I always speak with it. I don't know if the other riders do the same. This is not only a piece of metal - there is a soul." - ''Valentino Rossi''

http://www.youtube.com/user/loucasp1/videos
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-16-2014, 01:42 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
you may have glazed pads /rotor.....and/or seized pistons?

clean pad faces and rotor with sandpaper (NOT silica based sandpaper)

check for seized pistons....you can clean them up and restore movement w/o taking the caliper apart....if not in too bad a condition.

then brake cleaner fluid.....ride it and do a series of increasing speed/braking effort stops to bed the pads/rotor.

I have ebc hh pads galfer ss lines and can easily get rear to skip/skid with medium foot pressure....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page