R/R And/Or Stator Problem - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-29-2014, 10:38 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
R/R And/Or Stator Problem

Hello everyone, Just to clear it up before we get started. I'm a Novice at the ways Motorcycle's work. I know Whats this, and that. And how most things work.

Lets get started shall we!

My cousin, and I were Out riding one day. (I ride a 2000 CBR 600 F4) (He rides a 2001 CBR 600 F4i) And on our way back home after riding for I'd say 3 +/- hours my bike Started losing power, then Just shut out with in seconds.

I pulled the seat off, and found the 30 AMP fuse was blown. My cousin went to ace, while I sat in a church parking lot, and went and got a bunch of 30 amp fuses, and Electrical tape. Because we figured it was a wire shorting. But after some Looking we couldn't see anything.

So we got the bike to his house, and I pulled all the fairings off, and didn't see no frays/showing wires. I then thought about the R/R box. I unplugged the R/R box, put a 30amp in, plug that Connecter in. and POOF it didn't blow! so I said
*Hey! just need a new R/R, Not to mad now*.

Welp, i went and Bought a 120$ after market R/R, (Don't have brand name on me, It's all at my cousins yet). PLugged the sucker in, and POOF it started like normal! I went for a quick ride to the town, and back to make sure I could make it home. Well Ride as I got into town, it died on me again!!

I coasted to a parking spot, took the back seat off, and The effing R/R was smoking, and Super-Super Hot! I mean it was steaming hot! It even looked like it blow up on one side.

So I got it back to his house, dumbfounded by whats going on. Went on Ebay and back a New Stator with gaskets. Don't ask me why I bought one, But I just have a feeling that may be the problem one way or another.

ANY help/Advice will be wonderful

Thanks-

Long story short, 2000 CBR 600 F4 R/R went out twice. No shorts/frays. Stator problem maybe? (Battery still has alot of juice)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-30-2014, 03:41 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

it is quite probable that the original R/R failed short circuit across 2 phases and has cooked the stator windings. you can measure with a meter or whip the stator cover off and look for burnt windings.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-30-2014, 03:04 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0899.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	124369

this is the R/R I put in to replace the Orginal one. With in 10 miles this happened.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page