Lurching / Unresponsive Throttle / Stalling - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-07-2014, 09:02 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Lurching / Unresponsive Throttle / Stalling

Hi
I am hoping there is a mythical wizard out there or at least a savvy rider that can help with my 2007 CBR600RR. I will put my best effort into describing the current situation in hopes of recieving some guidance.

The bike has 7200 miles on it
Issue first noticed cruising at 50 mph where the bike started lurching on me. The lurching would get worse even as i slowed to a lower cruising speed. This problem has been ongoing for about 2 weeks. During this ride i had to pull over and turn the bike off and let it sit for about 5 minutes and then countinued on. The first 5-10 mins of the ride i had no problems but once again it started lurching until i was forced to stop again.
More recently when i experience this (typically first indication is cruising around 7k and then trying to accelerate or cruising around 7k and the bike starts lurching) i engage the clutch and attempt to rev the engine. The result is a varied response all of which sound terrible. Most often the bike will max out at 9000 rpms (cant sustain it) and i will rev again at sometimes it will act like nothing is wrong the secong go-around or it will stall. I have not noticed this problem ever in the first 10 minutes of riding if the bike has sat over night or for a few hours. I have checked my fluid levels and have ran 2 tanks of the appropriate amount of sea foam through it and additionally have run 2 tanks of the appropriate amount of gum out fuel injector carb cleaner. Both of these have not seemed to help.

If anyone has some insight or has experience something similar please let me know as this issue seems solvable but currently has taken all the fun out of riding.

Semper Fidelis,
Kyle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-08-2014, 06:49 AM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

So I've been scouring and so far my conclusions are it could be the fuel pump / fuel filter or possibly rust in the tank. If anyone has had these symptoms and could shed some light it would be greatly appreciated
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-28-2014, 05:22 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

found the solution, rust in the tank, filter and pump. replacements on the way

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-28-2014, 05:25 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Thanks for letting us know. Are you the original owner? If you are, to help prevent rust, always fill up the tank if you're storing it for long periods of time (e.g. winter).
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-28-2014, 08:47 PM
World Superbike Racer

Nice, let us know how the replacements works out for you when you get them installed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page