Starting issues.. - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-15-2014, 01:01 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Starting issues..

Hi everyone,

After researching and going thru tons of threads about bikes not starting, I decided that I will try and explain my situation as I have not found the same problem listed (which it probably is).

I purchased my '06 600RR about 3 weeks ago, it was laid down on the side and the previous owner informed me that he did not replace anything besides some plastics, foot peg, and clutch lever.
The bike starts completely fine majority of the time, however every once in a while (no pattern) it will not start. I hear the fuel pump prime, the battery is good, but the engine will not turn over. The only thing that i hear when i try to start it is a click coming from under the seat. I can bump start it, but I am getting tired of parking on hills and pushing the bike to start it.

From my research I have noticed that the kickstand sensor, BAS sensor, and kill switch are common reasons for these types of problems.

I would appreciate any suggestions, especially on which parts are the easiest to check and test. I have some knowledge of working on bikes, but I am not a mechanic by a long shot.

Thanks

Last edited by Irfan; 05-15-2014 at 01:03 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-15-2014, 06:09 PM
Knee Dragger

Sounds like most likely your problem is going to be either in the starter relay or the starter itself. Try checking those out. When it doesn't start try pushing the start button a couple more times and see what happens.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-15-2014, 06:52 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangef3 View Post
Sounds like most likely your problem is going to be either in the starter relay or the starter itself. Try checking those out. When it doesn't start try pushing the start button a couple more times and see what happens.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Okay, I will give it a try tomorrow. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page