600RR Finally Starts!!! - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-31-2006, 09:25 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
600RR Finally Starts!!!

After months of trying to get the RR to start, it finally did just now!

We had a cold spell a few months ago (minus 10 degrees F). A few months ago I tried to start the RR, but my battery was almost dead (and got worse and worse every time I tried to start it). So I rushed out an got a Battery Tender. The Tender charged the battery fine, but I still had no luck.

I was stupid and left the RR in the cold with only "1 bar" of gas in the tank. Apparently the gas went bad after those cold 3 weeks.

So I put in about 3 gallons of 92 octane gas. Still wouldn't start. I let it sit for weeks and weeks, and for the past week, I have tried to start the bike each time I come home from work (without success). I kept it on the battery tender the whole time, because the battery seemed pretty dranied after 5 or 6 attempts to start.

I read on these forums that people were recommended to open up their throttles, and then (still with the throttle back) start the engine.

So I went down to the garage. I moved the bike quickly back and forth to stur and mix any of the good gas with the bad gas for about 30 seconds. I opened up the throttle, and after 2 tries, it started!

I instantly noticed all this black smoke around me. It smelled like burnt carbon, and worried me--but I assumed that I was burning off the bad gas. I kept the RPM's at 4000 for several minutes--burning off any bad gas. I let the temp get up to 212 F, and then tried idle. It idled until the fan kicked on (whew!), and then I shut it off.

Anyway, I am very excited!

I was considering buying a new battery though.

Curt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-31-2006, 09:28 PM
Back in the Day

Thanked 2,544 Times in 2,156 Posts
Feedback Score: 148 reviews
congrats man you never gave up

If it doesn't challange you it won't change you
Only two ways to live life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-31-2006, 11:09 PM
Impreza The Impressive

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I know that feeling man.. I bet you were feeling GREAT!!! when it started up. It's like, like, a feeling i can't even describe. Congrats on getting it started =) this forum helped you well.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-31-2006, 11:58 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
congrat mang, glad to hear it's alive again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page