Strange Buzz???? - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-06-2006, 03:13 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Strange Buzz????

I have an 05 600rr, about 400 miles, and between 5K and about 6.5K in any gear there is a buzzing that comes from the area somewhere around the triple/ forks/ bars. Seems to be more on the left side. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-06-2006, 03:17 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Its your tank cowling. Take it off and put something like dynamat on the back on the indentation on the front of the tank cowl.

-bikeless
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-06-2006, 03:20 PM
Knee Dragger

I used double sided tape. Put it right in front of the gas tank filler cap when the cowl is off. It took care of the problem. The dynamat should work also. Whatever works.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-06-2006, 03:22 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

motorcycles make noise.

Peace
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-06-2006, 03:26 PM Thread Starter

thanks guys- and 919 i know bikes make noise, but they dont have strange buzzing sounds that are only at certain revs.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-06-2006, 03:29 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

could be the gap between the windscreen and the front upper cowl that buzzes when the motor creates just the right frequency of vibration. just try pushing on or wigglin around different areas of the bike as ur riding and its makin that noise to pin point where its comin from. then either tighten up all the screws, wedge sumthin in there or use some tape like mentioned above^^
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-06-2006, 05:14 PM
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I gonna have to agree with the tank issue - I've got about 1200 miles on my '06 and I noticed the same thing... took it out the other day, got it to start buzzing, held it at that RPMs and pressed on the tank cover in the indention above the gas tank - bam! buzz gone - now I just gotta get some dynamat to go on it.

95% Pure Stock bike - www.myspace.com/jbadd99
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-10-2006, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbadd99
I gonna have to agree with the tank issue - I've got about 1200 miles on my '06 and I noticed the same thing... took it out the other day, got it to start buzzing, held it at that RPMs and pressed on the tank cover in the indention above the gas tank - bam! buzz gone - now I just gotta get some dynamat to go on it.
Same thing I did. I grabbed the smallest bit of Dynamat I could get (20 bucks for two 10inx10in sheets for 20 bucks. Anyone else in Philly who needs some Dynamat?
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-10-2006, 01:45 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Resonate frequency....Lots of things happen at that rpm...just go faster :) My damper buzzes at that rpm...

"A good friend will come bail you out of jail...a true friend will be sitting next to you saying wow that was fun!"

NESBA #918

05 600rr -Hamaguchi-Factory Pro-Pc3 Usb-Euro Racing-Vortex-Renthal-EK-Galfer-Brembo-Greggs-Progrip-Michelin-Comp Werks-Carbon Works-Ohlins-Penske-HRC......
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-10-2006, 09:01 PM
Training Wheel Hero

just go faster that will get rid of the noise lol
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-10-2006, 11:22 PM
gee
Overpaid South Pacific Barista overactive ADHD crew off their meds!!

yip, its the tank, get it off and stuff something under it!!! it is one of those annoying noises.. right on hiway speed,
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-11-2006, 01:45 AM

Something a lot cheaper than Dynomat, go to home depot and get some double sided wheather stripping. You can get like 15' for 4 bucks
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-11-2006, 03:10 AM

I have the same problem. I was gonna bring it into my dealership, but I will try the double-sided tape. Thanks!
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-11-2006, 09:04 AM

I did my tank last night. Be sure to do a search on how to remove the tank. The two panels that connect to the tank and front fairing are a pain in the ass to remove. I felt like I was going to snap them but they are made to bend. Putting them back on helps a lot. Be sure to have a razor blade handy to peel back some of the foam under the tank cover so you can put your padding on the underside of the indentation in the tank cover and cover it completely. The only hard part about putting the tank back on is making sure the gasket around the gas cap sits right. Just move the tank up and down slightly until it sits right.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-11-2006, 10:03 AM

I'll be fixing the buzz tonight.........it drives me crazy! I hate when people say- motorcycles make noise....Harley's make noise...Jap bikes are precision built machines. It's 100% the tank cover b/c when you so much as touch a finger on the indentation, it stops. I'll get some weather stripping for sure. Anyone have a link to a good tank removal post? Johnny Candles you said the two panels are a pain in the ass...any suggestions?
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-11-2006, 10:26 AM

Remove the four visible bolts for the tank (two are under the seat). Reach down inside the front fairing and remove the plastic clips for the little panels (ram air covers I think is the correct name). Remove the screw from the front fairing that holds the panel in place. Reach to the front of the palen and push the front of it (near the headlights) down while lifting the middle. There is no screw or clip in the front. It's just a whole that fits on a peg in the front. One of the two tabs will pop out from the tank cover. Work the second out with just a little force so you don't break the tabs. Viola, you can now get the two remaining bolts off from the side of the tank cover. If you don't have a rear stand (like me) you'll have to turn the bars to the right and hold the bike up while you get that bolt free.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page