electrical problem - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-13-2006, 10:16 AM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
electrical problem

SOMEONE HELP

I was riding two nights ago when my gauge cluster went completely out.....i thought i blew a fuse, no biggie, about an hour later i lost all turn signals, brake light and my horn......i took the bike to the shop and they said that it would cost 160.00 to fix, that they had to re-wire the aftermarket turn signals cause they were wrong....then an hour later they said they could not get the Lights to work and that i probably burnt something in the gauge cluster, this shop from what i am told rips people off a lot, they told me everything else was fixed.....i didn't want to pay for the service in full since they didn't fix it but they said if i didn't they would keep the bike....i left and got gas.....i found out that the brake light still didn't work and the horn, plus the right side turn signals....so the only thing they fixed was the left turn signals and the cluster now works fine,,,except that the right signals do not show up on the display, the manager is giving me my money back.....after i left i was on the way home and the left turn signals blew again, cluster is still on....CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS ONE???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-13-2006, 10:22 AM

When you wired the aftermarket lights, Did you use electrical tape? Is your fuse box wet at all?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-13-2006, 10:35 AM Thread Starter

They were on the bike when I bought them.....so i am not sure....This past Saturday I did wash the bike, but even if the fuse box got wet, the shop replaced the fuse yesterday and it blew last night.....the brake lights and horn not working is probably because they never changed the fuse.....but i am not sure if they are separate from the other issues or not....i don't know anything at all about wiring this stuff, i unfortunately am completely ignorant on the subject, what ever anyone suggests would be greatly appreciated, i just had the worst time at this shop, they were the rudest bastards i have ever met.....they told me to take them to court for not fixing anying and i told them i would, this morning i got my refund from them.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-13-2006, 10:47 AM

I would definitely go back and check your wiring, it sounds like something is rubbing together and shorting out.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-13-2006, 10:50 AM Thread Starter

Thanks I Plan On Taking Off The Fairings And Having A Couple Buddies That Know About Bikes To Take A Look, I Have Already Tried The Professionals And Almost Got Raped By The A$$holes......if U Find Anything Else Out Let Me Know, Thanks For The Reply.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-13-2006, 01:49 PM Thread Starter

well the company i took it to is now saying that they won't give me my money back so i am going to cancel my credit card or go to small claims court....this is turning into a big mess
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page