Training Wheel Hero
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Tecumseh, ON
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
2005 Polaris Sportsman 700 EFI problem
I have a 2005 Polaris Sportsman 700 EFI.
- Lack of power
- engine revs slowly until it finally reaches redline.
- when in any gear, it's gutless
Here's what's been done to my quad to try to fix the issue:
- new spark plugs (old ones were black and one was a little wet)
- new spark plug wires
- checked for codes
- checked voltage on yellow wire on tps sensor (.710 volts with key on)
- checked wiring to tbap (one wire was frayed a little)
HAVE REPLACED TBAP WIRING WITH OTB's WIRING HARNESS AND THERE'S NO DIFFERENCE SO FAR.
This issue seems to have started after the quad was ridden in heavy rain. This was at the end of last summer. Haven't had time to fix it till now.
WHEN I UNPLUG THE COOLANT SENSOR PLUG THE BIKE RUNS FINE FOR A FEW MINUTES. I'VE REPLACED THE COOLANT SENSOR AND IT'S MADE NO DIFFERENCE.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.