2007 CBR 600 issues - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-28-2014, 08:35 AM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2007 CBR 600 issues

Bought this track bike but I just have two issues first of does this layout look right? I'm assuming the wires aren't supposed to be like this. Also why is my giraffe doing this?

2007 cbr600rr gauge issue:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-28-2014, 09:12 AM
Pocketbike Racer

clutch cable and gauge wiring harness doesn't belong there
the fuel gauge doesn't do fancy patterns

couldn't find the layout for the front gauges..

check this for clutch cable

Last edited by AJ26; 07-28-2014 at 09:19 AM.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-28-2014, 01:08 PM
Training Wheel Hero

Clutch cable looks correct for alignment. There should be a metal holder that bolts onto the right clipon and bridge that holds the rubber stopper on the top part of the clutch cable. Also there is a plastic piece with a cut out that the clutch cable is routed through attached to the top right corner of the radiator (or close to it). It should then run down between the frame and engine to the lower adjuster on the right hand side.

As for the cluster wires, they should run out behind the stay (towards the front of the bike) from what I remember yesterday. Might have a pic on my phone. If not my 07 is completely disassembled so I can snap a pic of how the cluster wiring is routed. As to why its acting all weird ... my guess is someone spliced into the actual cluster cables or modified the LCD to do that.

Hope that helps.

Edit: Clarified Right Clip on WRT clutch cable.

Last edited by Flashpoint; 07-28-2014 at 01:10 PM.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-28-2014, 02:05 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashpoint View Post
Clutch cable looks correct for alignment. There should be a metal holder that bolts onto the right clipon and bridge that holds the rubber stopper on the top part of the clutch cable. Also there is a plastic piece with a cut out that the clutch cable is routed through attached to the top right corner of the radiator (or close to it). It should then run down between the frame and engine to the lower adjuster on the right hand side.

As for the cluster wires, they should run out behind the stay (towards the front of the bike) from what I remember yesterday. Might have a pic on my phone. If not my 07 is completely disassembled so I can snap a pic of how the cluster wiring is routed. As to why its acting all weird ... my guess is someone spliced into the actual cluster cables or modified the LCD to do that.

Hope that helps.

Edit: Clarified Right Clip on WRT clutch cable.
if you look the guage is not right and the egnine light is on. previous owner says brken wire behind cluster i'm thinking its because of the awkward routing for guage cluster. guess i'll have to take everything off to check it out :(
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-28-2014, 02:30 PM
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by paniro187 View Post
if you look the guage is not right and the egnine light is on. previous owner says brken wire behind cluster i'm thinking its because of the awkward routing for guage cluster. guess i'll have to take everything off to check it out :(
If its just a broken wire/splice, you can splice a new section of wire or solder and shrink wrap it to fix. Depending on how far down the harness it is it may be a pain to get to it and fix it.

I'll have to check out the video closer, can't really see a whole lot from work. Plus no audio.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-28-2014, 02:42 PM
Training Wheel Hero

Also, is there anything else done to the bike? Exhaust slipon/full/stock?
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-28-2014, 07:48 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Also, is there anything else done to the bike? Exhaust slipon/full/stock?
Stock exhaust. No mods.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-28-2014, 07:59 PM
Back in the Day

Thanked 2,544 Times in 2,156 Posts
Feedback Score: 148 reviews
Its a fuel level sensor issue / or the float bowl that tells the ECU how much fuel is in the gas tank is stuck . you can find the shop manual in PDF format just google the shop manual will help you to diagnose the problem & resolve it if its the sensor & not the float bowl

If it doesn't challange you it won't change you
Only two ways to live life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.

Last edited by Moeman; 07-28-2014 at 08:05 PM.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-28-2014, 08:04 PM
Back in the Day

Try this process it migh resolve you problem

Open up your fuel cap and look in your tank with a flash light, its almost a quarantee that your float is stuck, its the thing that looks like the float in your toilet used to measure fuel level, i pushed mine down with a plastic tube and voila1!!! no more flashing fuel guage

Only two ways to live life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-29-2014, 12:49 PM
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moeman View Post
Try this process it migh resolve you problem

Open up your fuel cap and look in your tank with a flash light, its almost a quarantee that your float is stuck, its the thing that looks like the float in your toilet used to measure fuel level, i pushed mine down with a plastic tube and voila1!!! no more flashing fuel guage
Does it just get bound up occasionally? And need to be freed up (like rubbing against the side of the tank?). Never heard of this happening before so its a new one one me, just curious.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-29-2014, 12:53 PM
Back in the Day

Quote:
Does it just get bound up occasionally? And need to be freed up (like rubbing against the side of the tank?). Never heard of this happening before so its a new one one me, just curious.
Its not that common to occur but it does occur from time to time ( float bowl getting stuck) as far as the level sensor going bad its not tha common either but just like it can happen in cars ( Chevy cavalier ) , lawn mowers it can also occur with motorcycles if pushing down the float bowl does not fix your issue then it might be the sensor going bad .

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-31-2014, 08:19 AM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Culprit

post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-31-2014, 04:34 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Anyone know a way to fix this. Previous owner routed them in a way that pulled these to the point they came out.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-01-2014, 03:57 AM
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by paniro187 View Post
Anyone know a way to fix this. Previous owner routed them in a way that pulled these to the point they came out.
Can't really tell the connector type. Are they pins or are thet clamped together ie the whole connector is pressed.

If its pins you should be able to find a new pin at any decent electronics store. Solder a new one on and push the pin back into the connector.

If its a pressed version. You can probably split the connector and reattach the broken ones.

Havent really taken a close look at the guage cluster connector.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page