Rough start & then fine. - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-16-2014, 01:50 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Rough start & then fine.

2008 CBR600rr.

Yesterday, I do an inspection of the bike as I approach 12,000 miles. So today I start my bike up and it starts out very rough. It was idling around 900 RPM and slowly started to climb up, very lumpy along the way. I turned it off and went to do some research. 20 minutes later, I started it up and everything is running great.

Rewind 1 week. I was riding around and stop at an ATM to get some cash, get back on my bike and it won't start. The starter was working, but the engine wouldn't start. Someone comes over to help, and he said the fuel pump relay wasn't clicking. He leaves and I sit around for a while, and then check the relays again. At first I didn't feel them click, but after turning the ignition on and off a few times, it clicks and the bike starts up. The next day I have trouble starting it again. I realized that if I flick the kill switch on and off 1-3 times it starts up. After 2 days of this it starts back up normally, no problems.

So as of now, the bike is in working order, but obviously something is wrong. What should I be checking?

Last edited by BlackBlue; 08-16-2014 at 01:52 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-16-2014, 02:36 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
have you ever replaced Battery?

Could be that your battery has reached the end of the service life?

also use of kill switch can be a problem....... use search!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-16-2014, 02:42 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
The battery was replaced about 4 months ago. It should be fine, all the lights and the starter are strong.

Yes, I have been reading that I shouldn't be using the kill switch! I honestly use it quit a bit. The connections inside the switch seem fine though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page