gurgle sound from motorcycle - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-18-2014, 12:51 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Exclamation gurgle sound from motorcycle

So here is the thing i got an 05 cbr 600rr and I love this bike, I had it for 4 days and then a friend of mine backed into it. I got all the stuff repaired on the bike and in addition i had it tuned up. i put a high quality gas in it and it was working fine for about a week and a half i got a different gas, still high quality, and half way through it sounds like the bike is trying to "clear its throat" it happens in Low and High RPM where it makes this gurgle sounds. it doesn't sound smooth like it should. and it makes accelerating difficult like it is hard to go though the RPM at WOT. im hitting my head on a wall here :bang head: any help would be appreciated. I was looking through the site and i have an idea that it maybe the fuel pump or type of fuel. Im hoping its nothing more. I am trying to finish up the gas that is in there currently to see if that is the issue before i take it to a shop.

aftermarket parts i have
two brother exhaust
power commander(unmapped)
http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdOjCNYTSt0&feature=youtu.be

i will try and post a video of the sound if i can ever figure out to post a video

Last edited by Docwarden; 08-18-2014 at 01:18 PM. Reason: put the video in
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-18-2014, 05:42 PM
Training Wheel Hero

pretty hard for me to hear what that is but im guessing that is a misfire. does it sound like that at idle?

“Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you.” ― Jeremy Clarkson
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-18-2014, 06:14 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

i don't think it has sounded like that at idle. idle speed has been at 1,300k +- 100 lowest its been has been 1,100k it just doesn't sound clear at speed form time to time, if that makes sense. and a miss fire were? spark plugs?

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-20-2014, 01:05 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

So i believe now that the issue is within the first gear primarily , I plain to go ahead and change the fuel pump as i believe it is a fuel receiving problem. maybe the fuel pump relay? Idk i'll keep any everyone posted. any hints or clues or thoughts I'd really appreciate it I just got to Germany( active military) so the Euro is sooo much stronger then the USD, so it would help if i could figure out what the problem is rather then taking it to a shower for them to "fiddle" with it for a huge price.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page