03 600rr Won't Crank Over. **Resolved bad fuel pump Relay** - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-27-2014, 12:04 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
03 600rr Won't Crank Over. **Resolved bad fuel pump Relay**

I know theres hundreds of threads but nothing I've seen really equates to my issue totally, just looking for some input/help.

Bike was running fine, sat in the garage over the weekend and now it won't turn over. No fuel pump noise, it does crank but doesn't fire.

Two weekends ago it fell over in a trailer but started up just fine after and has been running fine up until now. I'm wondering if the tipover sensor finally decided to work it's way to a goofy direction.

I've checked the fuses by the battery, all seemed fine. Battery was tested and tested good but low on charge, so I charged the battery and stuck it back in with no success. I do have a killswitch from a 1krr but it hasn't given me any problems at all since I installed it at the beginning of this riding season.

Hoping someone can give me direction, I wasn't sure if the tipover sensor would make it so the bike doesn't even crank or not.

Edit: Forgot to mention that a month or so ago it got really hot here, rode the bike and got stuck in traffic, never died or got past about 235 degrees but after I shut the bike off it wouldn't start at all, no crank, no gauges, etc. Could be relevant info.

Last edited by R3define; 08-27-2014 at 02:29 PM. Reason: Added info.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-28-2014, 12:11 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Update,

Relay underneath the left fairing was bad, replaced all three just to be safe.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-28-2014, 12:30 PM
Back in the Day

Thanked 2,544 Times in 2,156 Posts
Feedback Score: 148 reviews
After replacing the relays does the fuel pump prime now or not yet ? In addition as far as the bike getting really hot it's well known for the 03/04 generation that when the Rectifier / Regulator gets extremely hot the bike will not start until such device has cooled off & turning the high beam off when stuck in traffic for example is a common smart practice to follow as it helps with the work load bring put on the RR & the battery at the same time

If it doesn't challange you it won't change you
Only two ways to live life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.

Last edited by Moeman; 08-28-2014 at 12:34 PM.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-28-2014, 12:31 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moeman View Post
After replacing the relays does the fuel pump prime now or not yet ?
Yep! Guess I should have made that more clear. Haha.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-28-2014, 12:42 PM
Back in the Day

If your fuel pump is priming now then the problem was not with the BAS sensor which is a sign that the sensor is ok . To avoid fouling the spark plugs do not roll the throttle while attempting to start the bike hold it wide open yes wide open while hitting the starter button & to conserve battery juice take out the headlights fuse that little bit of battery juice will come handy for sure .

Attempt to start the bike like four times in a row if it does not start wait for a few minutes then try again do not attempt to test any lights just to make sure battery got juice that will only hurt the battery more than anything . It takes a huge load to get the starter , fuel pump going so conserved battery is the way to go

Only two ways to live life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-28-2014, 12:46 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Quote:
If your fuel pump is priming now then the problem was not with the BAS sensor which is a sign that the sensor is ok . To avoid fouling the spark plugs do not roll the throttle while attempting to start the bike hold it wide open yes wide open while hitting the starter button & to conserve battery juice take out the headlights fuse that little bit of battery juice will come handy for sure .

Attempt to start the bike like four times in a row if it does not start wait for a few minutes then try again do not attempt to test any lights just to make sure battery got juice that will only hurt the battery more than anything . It takes a huge load to get the starter , fuel pump going so conserved battery is the way to go
It started right up after changing the relays out. :)
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-28-2014, 12:48 PM
Back in the Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3define View Post
It started right up after changing the relays out. :)
Very nice that is awesome to read

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-28-2014, 02:56 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Quote:
Very nice that is awesome to read
Thanks!
#10char
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page