Putting '03 600RR back to street? - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-22-2006, 02:20 AM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Putting '03 600RR back to street?

Hey everyone, first post by a new member.

I just bought an '03 600RR that came with complete race and street bodywork. My problem now is that I'm completely overwhelmed by the street stuff. I removed a few bolts and snipped a few wire ties and the race glass was off, but now I'm looking at this ziploc bag full of fasteners and the street stuff and I'm just plain lost. Does anyone have any diagrams, exploded views, PDF files, pamphlets, stick figure drawings or heiroglyphic tablets that might help me out?

Also, the rear key cylinder (the one that unlatches the cowl/passenger seat) seems to be broken, as I kinda half-ass got the tailpiece on (I don't think I had it right) and even though I hooked up the cable, the key wouldn't turn in either direction and the entire cylinder was very loose. I ended up taking the tailpiece back off for a closer look and I think it's just broken. Anyone know where I might get another? Or if this can be fixed?

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-22-2006, 02:23 AM
Please Excuse me, I've been drinking again.

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sindic
Hey everyone, first post by a new member.

I just bought an '03 600RR that came with complete race and street bodywork. My problem now is that I'm completely overwhelmed by the street stuff. I removed a few bolts and snipped a few wire ties and the race glass was off, but now I'm looking at this ziploc bag full of fasteners and the street stuff and I'm just plain lost. Does anyone have any diagrams, exploded views, PDF files, pamphlets, stick figure drawings or heiroglyphic tablets that might help me out?

Also, the rear key cylinder (the one that unlatches the cowl/passenger seat) seems to be broken, as I kinda half-ass got the tailpiece on (I don't think I had it right) and even though I hooked up the cable, the key wouldn't turn in either direction and the entire cylinder was very loose. I ended up taking the tailpiece back off for a closer look and I think it's just broken. Anyone know where I might get another? Or if this can be fixed?

Thanks in advance!

I'm gunna be running into the same situation when I get back to Minnesota/over the summer. I've been thinking about bringing my bike back into street trim... you're most likely going to have to pick up a new under-tail tray from your local dealer... also...it'd probably be in your best intrest to go to your local dealer and pick up/order a 2003/2004 Honda CBR 600RR service manual. It'll have everything you need to know in it.

ASMA/CCS SW AM #36
Monster Energy
Utopia Optics
Motul
AZ-Synthetic Lubes
Vortex
AFAM
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-22-2006, 09:59 AM
Back in the Day

Thanked 2,544 Times in 2,156 Posts
Feedback Score: 148 reviews
check out this site fpr detaild pictures
http://www.ronayers.com/fiche/frames...50&parent=5240

If it doesn't challange you it won't change you
Only two ways to live life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page