blew my freakin fork seals - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-29-2006, 08:36 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
blew my freakin fork seals

like the tittle says and i cant even really wheelie

Quote:
Two Brothers Exhaust, PCIII, 520 Conversion Sidewinder, 15 front, 45 rear, & chain, Comp Werks F/E, Greggs Flush Mounts, Michelin Pilot Power (F&R), C/A Integrated T.L., Blasters Horn, Flush Mount Rear Signals, LED Running light, Zero Gravity Screen, K&N Air filter, Polished lips on the wheels’, Gafler SS Brake Lines F&R., LED Tripage third eye light C/F Rear Hugger, Boomerang Sprocket Cover, Frame sliders, CRG Gold Shorties
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-29-2006, 08:53 PM
Back in the Day

Thanked 2,544 Times in 2,156 Posts
Feedback Score: 148 reviews
Sorry to hear that bro must have been pot holes
or simply wear and tear

This s great time to rebuild them with the good
stuff such as race tech springs , new seals ,
gold valves and get the right amount of fluid
into them to match your weight and riding style

Check out this link for more info
http://www.moto-pro.com/Services.asp...ID=FORKREBUILD

If it doesn't challange you it won't change you
Only two ways to live life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.

Last edited by Moeman; 04-29-2006 at 08:58 PM.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-29-2006, 08:55 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

well help me out and tell me what to do i just got the seals there going in on wed!

Quote:
Two Brothers Exhaust, PCIII, 520 Conversion Sidewinder, 15 front, 45 rear, & chain, Comp Werks F/E, Greggs Flush Mounts, Michelin Pilot Power (F&R), C/A Integrated T.L., Blasters Horn, Flush Mount Rear Signals, LED Running light, Zero Gravity Screen, K&N Air filter, Polished lips on the wheels’, Gafler SS Brake Lines F&R., LED Tripage third eye light C/F Rear Hugger, Boomerang Sprocket Cover, Frame sliders, CRG Gold Shorties

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-30-2006, 01:01 AM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
most of Honda fork seals usually only make it about 10,000 mile, regardless of wheelies. but wheelies coming down hard don't help much either. only use OEM replacements, everything else is junk.

believe it or not, stoppies are alot harder on fork seals than wheelies are.
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-30-2006, 02:34 AM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

well shti i can only lift the front tire maybe a foot lol kinda pisse donly 2000 miles and a year old

Quote:
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-30-2006, 02:57 AM
Moto GP Racer

dat's no good, see if your dealer will cover it under warrenty. some of them do it once for ya.
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-30-2006, 03:04 AM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

I WORK AT A DEALER and they wont im not even getting the work done there because all they do is STEAL YOUR MONEY i have this motorcycle racer doing it

Quote:
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-30-2006, 03:24 AM
Moto GP Racer

geez, stupid stealership. bring it up here, i'll hook ya up.
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-30-2006, 03:26 AM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

lol my guys doign ti for 80 bucks pluss parts not bad stealership wanted ******* like 200 aish

Quote:
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-30-2006, 03:28 AM
Moto GP Racer

eh, i was talkin free. the good kinda hookups.

but that's a long way for just seals.
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-30-2006, 03:36 AM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

lol you da man... I am trying to figure out if i should send the forks into http://www.moto-pro.com/Services.as...SID=FORKREBUILD or just replace the seals and oil like should i change the springs and ****. or what i cant belive they blew with less the 2000 miles i cant even relaly wheelie wheelie

Quote:
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-02-2006, 02:11 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

dropped it off to get the new seals put in and new oil... i hope its fine after that its shouldnt have blown after a year right?

Quote:
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-02-2006, 02:19 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

WoW, 2000 miles thats crazy... I would at least hope they would last untill 10,000 miles!! Ive got about 7800 miles on mine & have yet to blow any seals (knocking on wood). And trust me, Ive been doing a fair share of wheelies on it!!!
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-02-2006, 02:20 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

why or how do u think they blewww?

Quote:
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-02-2006, 07:03 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Damnit, i wish i saw this thread earlier. You could have drivin ur bike up here to Phoenix and i would have done it for ya no charge. Those inverted fork are easier for me even tho most people like workin on the traditional style better. It would have costed you about $36 for a pair of seals, 30-45 mins and a big ass bottle of Sprite for me haha.

My fork seals seem to last me quite a while on my bikes. I finally blew my 954 seals at 17K miles. I make a conscious effort to set my whoolies down soft tho. Just really open that throttle up just before the front tire hits the ground. I kinda open the throttle exponentially when im ready to drop the wheelie and the wheel is comin down.
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-02-2006, 07:36 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

your the man thanks anyway!!! I cant even really fuckign wheelie you ever come to tucson maybe you can help me out? i cant belive my **** blew in 2000 miles and just about a year old kinda wierd no?

Quote:
post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-02-2006, 09:16 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Yeah thats weird. Sometimes the heat out here drys em out and they crack and just blow on ya even with low miles. If i ever head down there i'll hit ya up for sure, these 600RR's are smooth @ss wheelie machines once u get the hang of it!
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-02-2006, 10:50 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Come down and help me out lol this Sat. there is an open house at Musscleman honda where i work come!

Quote:
post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-02-2006, 10:54 PM
Back in the Day

Thanked 2,544 Times in 2,156 Posts
Feedback Score: 148 reviews
hotsake
here is a detailed write up about forks man read it you will learn a lot
http://www.peterverdonedesigns.com/05fork.htm

If it doesn't challange you it won't change you
Only two ways to live life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-02-2006, 10:58 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Hey Hotskate, I just learned how to clutch them up in 2nd before my accident (havent really messed with it since) but anywho try using 1 finger on the clutch instead of 2, seems to find the sweet spot better. Dont really know if youve been doing that but just wanted to pass down some advice since that kinda helped me out.
post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-02-2006, 11:02 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

cOkay alot of reading but i didnt get anythign out of it im sorry i can just be freakin stupid!

Quote:
post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-05-2006, 12:44 AM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

aLLL FIXED UP1

Quote:
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-05-2006, 09:33 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

SO they are alllll done and i think there leakign on the right side now like where the inner silver tube meets the bottom black piece where the axle goes through i saw a little oil residue? any ideas?

Quote:
post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-05-2006, 09:39 PM
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotskate
SO they are alllll done and i think there leakign on the right side now like where the inner silver tube meets the bottom black piece where the axle goes through i saw a little oil residue? any ideas?
might just be some residual oil from when the swap was done, you know, between the seal and dust boot. wipe it down with a clean rag, and keep an eye on it. if it starts seeping, take it back.

what weight oil did you go with?
post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-06-2006, 01:02 AM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

5 weight

Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page