A Slurry of issues that might be connected... - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-14-2014, 12:24 PM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
A Slurry of issues that might be connected...

I don't even know where to begin, my bike is higher mileage currently sitting around 70k miles but only about 15 on the current motor.
Mods:
Motion Pro Revolver Throttle
Annitori RL Quick Shifter
Jardine Slip-on
PCIII (Removed before new motor)
520 -1 +2

Symptoms:
When riding to work in the morning after about 20 miles I develop a surging at constant rpms i any gear.
When surging develops if I pull in the clutch the bike will flat out die and loose all lights on speedo.
When I feel the surging there is a loss of power from the motor it bogs down and will not go above 11k rpms even with clutch in.
If I let it be dead for about 3 seconds and release clutch to bump start it, it will run fine the rest of the ride.
When I go to leave work I have to bump start the bike, all lights on but no power to turn starter.
Ride home is flawless, bike starts right up in the morning.
The engine temps are the same during both rides and the outside temp is about the same.

I have done a stator, and Reg Rect although it is still the 03/04 model which I need to upgrade to the 05/06 for better heat protection. It had a new battery put in about 3 months ago.

Last edited by NHayes815; 11-14-2014 at 12:32 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-14-2014, 03:42 PM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHayes815 View Post
I don't even know where to begin, my bike is higher mileage currently sitting around 70k miles but only about 15 on the current motor.
Mods:
Motion Pro Revolver Throttle
Annitori RL Quick Shifter
Jardine Slip-on
PCIII (Removed before new motor)
520 -1 +2

Symptoms:
When riding to work in the morning after about 20 miles I develop a surging at constant rpms i any gear.
When surging develops if I pull in the clutch the bike will flat out die and loose all lights on speedo.
When I feel the surging there is a loss of power from the motor it bogs down and will not go above 11k rpms even with clutch in.
If I let it be dead for about 3 seconds and release clutch to bump start it, it will run fine the rest of the ride.
When I go to leave work I have to bump start the bike, all lights on but no power to turn starter.
Ride home is flawless, bike starts right up in the morning.
The engine temps are the same during both rides and the outside temp is about the same.

I have done a stator, and Reg Rect although it is still the 03/04 model which I need to upgrade to the 05/06 for better heat protection. It had a new battery put in about 3 months ago.
Search the following items in your service manual and/or on the forum and check or replace them if they are bad:

Fuel pump
Stator/rr/charging system check (verify everything is working, I see you replaced but you don't indicate whether it is functioning)
Battery load test
Plugs
Air filter
Coils
Grounding point

Unhook your quick shifter to be sure that isn't possibly causing an issue; if misadjusted or set up incorrectly they can cause cutting out and running issues. I am slightly confused as to why the PC is listed in a mod section if it's unhooked (unless I am reading that wrong) but if it's in the system remove it as well.

If you go through everything I have outlined, you should be able to identify the issue.

Get back to us after you check this stuff out.

Mike
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-14-2014, 07:21 PM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

I listed the PC as a mod as well as removed because after removal the O2 was hooked back up, so the ECU had to readjust but that was about 6 months ago so it shouldnt effect it.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-14-2014, 07:50 PM
Moto GP Racer

Thanked 2,463 Times in 1,718 Posts
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
You're lucky. Mike may be the only person to reply, but his advice is spot on.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-14-2014, 07:51 PM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

Most of that I have lightly touched on need to go more in depth through each one
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page