Little worried - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-05-2006, 03:32 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Little worried

I have a new bike with about 150 miles on it. I rode it into work this morning (first warm day we've had since picking up the bike) and parked it. When I came out about 4 hours later I noticed a small puddle of what looked to be coolant. It was dripping from one of the two hoses that came exit the bike at the bottom center of the lower cowl. This is NOT the tube that looks like the overflow tube from the radiator.

I took it to the dealer since I neded an inspection sticker anyway and asked them about it. They checked to coolant level and it was a little bit low. They topped it off and didn't really have any useful information as to why it may have been doing that. I'll keep my eye on it to see if it continues to do so, but does anyone know why it may be doing this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-05-2006, 03:58 PM
World Superbike Racer

hmmm, i would look over your bike for any small scratches. what might have happened is someone bumped it and it fell over causing the coolent to overflow like you said.

Black 03

"P.S. this is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R were eliminated"
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-05-2006, 04:59 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Definitely hasn't been tipped over. It's kept in a storage area and I can see the bike from my window at work. If it was overflow, I would have also thought that the fluid would have come out the other tube attached to the nozzle of the radiator.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-05-2006, 05:07 PM
Pocketbike Racer

When I first rode my Bike a few times in the city and such I noticed it would get hot at stop lights and such and coolant would leak out from the hose when I ride becuase when I got home I could notice the coolant was a bit low and I could see trails of dried coolant on the bottom cowl being forced back by wind. Doesn't happen anymore... However with yours I'm not too sure about, hopefully it ain't anything to worry about and ur juss causing unecessary stress. Keep an eye on ur coolant level and temp reading for the next few hundred miles or so.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-06-2006, 07:22 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireblade
When I first rode my Bike a few times in the city and such I noticed it would get hot at stop lights and such and coolant would leak out from the hose when I ride becuase when I got home I could notice the coolant was a bit low and I could see trails of dried coolant on the bottom cowl being forced back by wind. Doesn't happen anymore... However with yours I'm not too sure about, hopefully it ain't anything to worry about and ur juss causing unecessary stress. Keep an eye on ur coolant level and temp reading for the next few hundred miles or so.
I think that's it. I think it was because it was the first time the coolant system was stressed because it was hot out. There may have been a bubble in the system that got flushed out. The level was topped off and I haven't seen any other issues. I'll just keep my eye on it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page