08 cbr600rr clucth and front brakes!! - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-29-2014, 02:08 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
08 cbr600rr clucth and front brakes!!

good day im having trouble on my 08 600rr that my wife rides. she complains that when she turns right or left the bike feel constricted. not letting her turn good enough. when she banks right the brake line gets pinched and holds the bike back almost to a full stop and i just noticed the clutch cable has a deep rub mark from this as well does anyone have the routing diagram for the clucth cable and brake line? my brake line is between the handle and the main frame. should it be turned opposite to be in front with the lever? any and all suggestions is greatly aprrecitated. trying to gt this fix before our weekend ride tonight and tomorrow. thanx.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-01-2014, 07:36 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Are the brake lines OEM, or aftermarket?

There is very little room in the front of the modern 600RR, and routing can be difficult. When I switched to a dual line setup, I had to route mine forward, which can lead to the lines bumping into the from fairing stay like it sounds like you're describing. When I switched back to a single line, I was able to route it so the banjo faces towards the back of the bike, which was much better.

I am at work at the moment, but I think the line should be closer to the fork, inside of the clutch line. The clutch line should sit in the little U holder that branches off the right clipon, and should move back and forth inside the protective sheath; some rubbing on the sheath is normal, but the lines should be routed to cause the least amount of strain and contact. Some silicone spray in that area could be useful. A picture of the config right now can help with troubleshooting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page