fire+02+FUEL ... no bang - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-09-2006, 10:29 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Angry fire+02+FUEL ... no bang *OMG I FIXED IT

03 600 rr

I here the fuel pump prime
engines turning over when i push start button
gas smell and air flow out of tail pipe

it doesnt go bang
theres fuel in it
replaced spark plugs
ive visually checked and seen sparking
ive checked the fuses under the seat
i dont seem to get any error codes when i start it (when yall put the key in and turn it on does ur tach and speedo cycle through once?)
the previous night i started it for about one minute when someone put there hand over the tail pipe and tried to kill it I stoped them and cut if off shortly there after so i thought i fowled the spark plugs.... but nope

any ideas

Last edited by tweak mt; 05-21-2006 at 04:02 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-09-2006, 10:41 PM
Back in the Day

Thanked 2,544 Times in 2,156 Posts
Feedback Score: 148 reviews
Charge the battery totally cause after a few trials of this process your battery will be weak but the bike will eventually turn over

try to start it and roll the throttle all the way and hold it there once you feel the battery weaking stop wait a few minutes and try again

post back up the results and best of luck

If it doesn't challange you it won't change you
Only two ways to live life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-09-2006, 10:44 PM

Maybe bad gas? If you replaced the plugs and it didnt fire right up, I'd pull one or two and see if they are wet..

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-09-2006, 11:26 PM Thread Starter

yeah full throttle did it still nothing
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-09-2006, 11:32 PM Thread Starter

oh and i ride the bike daily i was half way through a tank of gas ....wouldnt really make sense for it to just all the sudden quit working
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-10-2006, 12:32 PM Thread Starter

alright i got all the plastics off that was a biatch but im going to try spraying starter fluid straight into the intakes
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-10-2006, 12:35 PM

"the previous night i started it for about one minute "

Sounds like the classic flooded engine but if you checked the plugs it would be ok. Pull the plugs out again and see if there is fluid in the gap, no gap = no spark.

You may have to try a couple of times with the throttle at wide open to allow the fuel to escape out the the cylinders. This may require you to recharge the battery between tries. Make sure to leave some time between cranks or else you will burn out your starter.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-10-2006, 01:52 PM Thread Starter

yeah ive tried the throttle wide open idea....now i am thinking it may not be injecting fuel at all im looking in the airbox when i try and start it ... i can see the injectors but no fuel is spraying out of them? should i be able to see it/ feel it?
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-10-2006, 03:40 PM
Moto GP Racer

Garage
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Regardless if it ran before, how old is the gas in the tank? Did it sit for any length of time? If so, dump the tank and put fresh gas in.

**Be very careful what you spray down the intakes. The throttle bodies are coated with Molybdenum and you don't want to strip it off.

post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-10-2006, 09:42 PM Thread Starter

ok i sparyed a cloud in and still nothing, im going to recheck the plugs and if thats not it im going to cry
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-10-2006, 11:29 PM Thread Starter

ok rechecked all the plugs they are new but sparking week so i loaded up ALL the cylinders straight through the plug holes with stater fluid and it finally started for about 3 seconds before diein again so i am thinking fuel blockage or something cause im not getting an FI light or any blinks at from the MIL at start up but what do yall think I truely am puzzled.....
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-11-2006, 12:12 PM
Moto GP Racer

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRedRider
Regardless if it ran before, how old is the gas in the tank? Did it sit for any length of time? If so, dump the tank and put fresh gas in.
What about the gas?

Fuel filter, fuel strainer, fuel pump, pinched fuel line, or bypass valve. Also check for air intake leaks. Has the bike been apart lately? (i.e. Throttle bodies, air box)

Also, the MIL will only blink under certian conditions.

post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-11-2006, 12:32 PM
Pocketbike Racer

I know it sounds stupid but try this, I downed a 6 pack the night before a TD trying to fix the problem and it was simple and stupid.

Loosen the shift linkage and re tighten it to the apporpriate torque.
Shift through the gears and back to "N" now try it.
Maybe you have some gunk on your linkage and it binds, that can trick the bike into thinking it is in gear, eventhough the engine won't turn. I just overtightened mine.....

Right after I learned this, I saw some other folks haveing the same problem....Vortex Rearsets.
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-11-2006, 12:45 PM
Moto GP Racer

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelrain
I know it sounds stupid but try this, I downed a 6 pack the night before a TD trying to fix the problem and it was simple and stupid.

Loosen the shift linkage and re tighten it to the apporpriate torque.
Shift through the gears and back to "N" now try it.
Maybe you have some gunk on your linkage and it binds, that can trick the bike into thinking it is in gear, eventhough the engine won't turn. I just overtightened mine.....

Right after I learned this, I saw some other folks haveing the same problem....Vortex Rearsets.
I see your point but the bike will still crank in gear as long as the clutch is engaged and the kick stand is up. So if he's not cranking the bike in neutral, which I assumed he was, then all he needs to do to try this thoery is put the kick stand up and pull the clutch in.

post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-11-2006, 08:50 PM Thread Starter

ok has yeah problem still isnt solved and i just left town for 10 days im actually in New mexico at the moment ....yeah theres no helmet laws here ive already seen like 10 guys with out helmets......idiots.....but i read the whole maintance manuel on the flight today and i have a thought.... the system should be throwing a code at me if something is wrong, unless the whole brain of the bike is shot....but again that doesnt make sense.....so heres what im thinking that my battery is three years old and theres not enough juice to run fuel pump to pressure and fire all the plugs.....i had it drain completely down once this winter at night but never had any problems since then....i put it on the charger while doing all this and it charges and drains real fast so Im thinking maybe its just shot?????.......if thats it i will be uberexcited and i have learned how to take the whole dang bike apart.....what do yall think

if that deosnt work then we go back to thinking the fuel system is suspect
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-11-2006, 09:18 PM Thread Starter

i just didnt think about the battery being the problem because last time it died it did the click click click thing but not this time
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-13-2006, 12:41 PM Thread Starter

btw theres two honda diganositc tools one thats a hand held device that displays information the other is a "special tool" that just shorts two nodes in the red plug in under the seat and gives you the same information on the tach and MIL light up front but what im wondering is if anyone KNOWS which two of the pick up in the red plug that the "special tool" shorts because all that special tool looks like to me is a wire
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-13-2006, 10:14 PM
Moto GP Racer

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweak mt
btw theres two honda diganositc tools one thats a hand held device that displays information the other is a "special tool" that just shorts two nodes in the red plug in under the seat and gives you the same information on the tach and MIL light up front but what im wondering is if anyone KNOWS which two of the pick up in the red plug that the "special tool" shorts because all that special tool looks like to me is a wire
You can do the same thing with a paper clip but I don't know which two to jump. I'm sure someone else does.

post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006, 12:02 AM Thread Starter

yeah thats what i was wondering which two?
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-21-2006, 04:02 PM Thread Starter

it was the fuggin battery ROTFLMFAO............ i poped in my friends R1 battery and VVVVVVVRRRRROOOOOOOOM......

I just didnt think about it being that cause the last time it was the battery it made the click click click noise and this time it turned over just fine so now i have a naked bike in pieces that i have to put back togehter ....but while its in peices im going to do some mods to it
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-21-2006, 04:03 PM
Back in the Day

Thanked 2,544 Times in 2,156 Posts
Feedback Score: 148 reviews
congrats on finding out the problem

If it doesn't challange you it won't change you
Only two ways to live life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.
post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-21-2006, 05:52 PM
Moto GP Racer

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweak mt
....but while its in peices im going to do some mods to it
Hey tweak, we're not helping you again!

post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-21-2006, 08:29 PM Thread Starter

ACHEY!!!!!!!! it was sparking, the fuel pump came on, it turned over, it was indicating full charge on the trickle charger.....apparentlly 278 cold cranking amps isnt enough .....?
post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-22-2006, 01:36 PM
Moto GP Racer

Garage
I don't know what the CCA rating is for our bike so I would just go by the voltage at the battery. The starter requires much more amperage to turn over then the other 12v systems.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page