stuck engine bolt - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-28-2015, 04:50 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
stuck engine bolt

So I'm trying to remove the right side engine bolt to install my frame sliders but having a really hard time taking it out. Any tips on removing it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-28-2015, 05:04 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I believe they are set at around 40 lb-ft, which isn't a lot, however time and heat can cause some amount of seizing. Are you using something with a decent amount of leverage, like a 1/2" drive ratchet? If you're using a 3/8" it may be too short to get enough force through.

Maybe also try right after a 20 minute ride; the heat from the engine and frame may help the bolt let go.
The Following User Says Thank You to FightingChance For This Useful Post:
Alvaro (01-29-2015)
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-29-2015, 12:31 AM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by FightingChance View Post
I believe they are set at around 40 lb-ft, which isn't a lot, however time and heat can cause some amount of seizing. Are you using something with a decent amount of leverage, like a 1/2" drive ratchet? If you're using a 3/8" it may be too short to get enough force through.

Maybe also try right after a 20 minute ride; the heat from the engine and frame may help the bolt let go.
Went for a quick drive and saw something online about heating it up with a blow torch I was hesitant at first but it worked well and with the help of a buddy I got it off!! Definitely more of a paint in the rear than it should have.

2006 Cbr600rr

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-29-2015, 02:57 PM
World Superbike Racer

Garage
Also depend on the other 2 bolts. Supporting the engine can help. Like a car jack and some wood or cardboard under the headers or sump.

2007 Cbr600rr Black

[SIZE=1]Tripage IT and Plate Bracket, TST Turn Signals, GB Case Covers, Captive Rear Spacers, Driven 520 -1 +2 steel sprocket kit, Spiegler Steel Brake Lines, Front Fork Revalve, Stomp Grips, Speedodrd, Dunlop Q3's, HRC Rear Brake Res, Woocraft Frame sliders, Shorty levers, 90 Degree Valve Stems, EK 520 Black/Gold Chain, Tekarbon Chain Guard, Engine Swap, Brembo RCS, Evotech Front Brake Res, SBS Sintered Race pads, Healtech Quick Shifter, Vortex Rearsets, and Trackdays!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page