Wheel Runout - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-04-2015, 08:44 AM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Wheel Runout

I bought a wheel on ebay. The wheel showed cosmetic damage of scratches all over, which seemed like from a careless owner who made his own tire changes.

After setting it on the wheel balance, I can see a very very small bend on the edge or the wheel. You cant see it if you just look at it but when its spinning on the balance, you can see a small dip.

Any suggestions what I should do?

Below is what he sent me:

"The front wheel was check before being listed on ebay. I have two options. #1 you can return the front wheel to me and I'll replace it with another but you have to pay for shipping one way which will cost 40.00. #2 I have insurance on the front and rear wheel for 150.00 each. I know the wheel was check. I don't know if the box was damage.If you claim the insurance usps will refund you the money. the tracking number if the insurance information. If you have any questions please contact me."

I dont feel like its my responsibility to have to pay to ship this wheel back and pay another $40 to send a good one to me(I believe that is what he is asking).

What do you guys think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-04-2015, 09:09 AM
Moto GP Racer

Thanked 2,463 Times in 1,718 Posts
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Please post a SINGLE thread. We saw the other one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page