ahhhhhh oil leak?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-16-2006, 10:29 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
ahhhhhh oil leak?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

ok so i changed my oil last week to the repsol semi syn. no probs till tonight. i did overfill it a bit to protect while wheeleing. today when i left work i hit a nice wheelie thru 2nd gear found the balance point and it felt great. came home and no probs then i went to my bros house and about 1/5 mile away i did another wheelie landed a bit hard on the front wheel but i didnt notice any probs then either. i went to leave about 30 mins later and went to the 7-11 i noticea a burning smell when i pulled up and when i came out there was 2 puddles under the bike one right under the oil pan bolt and one about 3 inches back. called my bro and he said there was a puddle there too. i had him come out with a flashlight and his truck for justin and we looked it over. its still full of oil and it slowed down leaking alot but it seems to drip a little more while revving the motor up.ide say normally about 1 drip every 8-10 seconds and when revving 1 every 3-5 seconds. i looked and there is a little rash on the underside of the oil pan but the oil is comming from somewhere above it liiks like the filter is on tight and good no double gasket. drain plug is tight and not leaking too.

this is what im thinking for now until tommorow when i tear her a new ass trying to figure this sht out. is there vents on the motor that could have let some oil out when i hit that nice wheelie after work and it sat in a channel or something like that untill the second one? i did a search but i didnt find anything like what im describing. anybody somebody please help me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 03:21 AM

I think there is a breather hose for both the top and bottom end. Over filled oil might have pushed up the oild pressure and some has come out the hoses. If so it's not a problem.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 03:38 AM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
no need to run extra oil in a 600RR, the sump is in the rear most of the oil pan. you will actually hurt the motor running it over.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 07:50 AM Thread Starter

thanks for the info guys any more
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 02:55 PM Thread Starter

ok i figured it out. i must have hit the oil pan lastnight and i cracked it in two places. i guess i gotta raise it back up to the first notch on the lowering link and get the pan fixed. anyone know where i can get a new pan from aftermarket ive looked a bit today at work but i ran into nothing aftermarket just oem. any info would be great. thanks
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-18-2006, 04:07 AM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
you lowered it, and are riding wheelies?

need to stiffen that baby up, and get on the gas as she's comin down.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-21-2006, 01:10 PM Thread Starter

anyon\e know what they use as a oil pan gasket from the factory?
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-24-2006, 02:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by budzz007
anyon\e know what they use as a oil pan gasket from the factory?
Well let me see... Its most likely black, pressed and in the shape of the oil pan. (sorry for the jackass response, but I seriously dont understand the Q. A gasket is a gasket, call honda and order one)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page