Vibration Instrument Gauge - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 05-18-2006, 11:58 AM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Vibration Instrument Gauge

I was having electrial problems which caused me to blow a fuse last week. Since I'm not electrically inclined I brought it to the dealer.

While that the dealer they couldnt figure out what it was so they blamed it on the fact that the gauges were aftermarket and who ever had installed them messed it up (not the case since I sent it to the company and it worked fine for a long time)...plus it's BS becuase the gauges is just a face plate and swap out some lights to change it.

Anyway - I knew the short was coming from wires that I had recently been toying around with so I told them - check the back of the bike under the cowl. Never-the-less they fixed the electrical short.

As I started up my bike, rode down the street, rode home, rode around a little...there is thiss annoying vibration noise coming out of the instrument pannel. I brought it back...he revved the bike...after I explained you hear it when 'cruising between 4-7k'. He said if it gets worse bring it back...which means I have to pay $$ for their screw up playing around with the gauge.

So I'm just trying to see what the quickest and fastest way possible to remove the gauge and check out what's rattling around inside there.

PS. The mechanic who worked on my bike is my x-Girlfriends, X-boyfriend so I have a feeling that he could have just left something there on purpose.

Anyone have any pics of how to get to the gauges?

Honor God, Love your women, Defend your country
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page