2008 cbr600rr Won't Start - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-18-2015, 05:17 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2008 cbr600rr Won't Start

Well, I REALLY didn't want to start a thread for this as there are already so many, but i am at my wits end. Here's some background:

2008 cbr600rr, block off plates, power commander v, akra full system as far as performance modifications go. I had it stored in my basement over the winter while I was installing kt auto projector headlights. I had started it multiple times throughout the winter and it always fired right up. Currently it will turn over with plenty of gusto but never catch/fire/start. My kill switch is on run, and the fuel pump does prime. My thinking is that it has to be something electrical, due to all of the wiring and stuff. So far, this is what I've done/ruled out for troubleshooting:

Drained tank and put fresh gas in, completely charged and tested battery, brand new spark plugs, tested BAS, tested kick stand sensor, tried pop starting to no avail, made sure all visible plugs are firmly plugged in, checked all fuses and relays, checked main solenoid fuse...

I think that's about it and that's about all I can think of to look for anyways. I don't see any point in checking compression because it's been sitting in my basement and i haven't had any problems of the sort before. My dad thinks it might have something to do with my power commander v, but i don't even know where to go about testing if that's the issue? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated, it's finally nice outside and I can't drive my bike!

Last edited by cwoody08; 03-18-2015 at 05:23 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-18-2015, 05:37 PM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Fully remove the PC and see if it runs, start there.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-18-2015, 07:11 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Well, I'm an idiot, no surprise there. When I took my battery out to charge and then put it back in, the negative lead from the PC was tucked under the battery so I didn't reconnect it to the battery. So, after removing all of the plastics and spending days troubleshooting, it turned out to be a disconnected lead to the battery. I'm extremely happy to have my bike starting, but man I'm pissed that i missed something so stupid. Sorry for the giant waste of time this thread was.

Last edited by cwoody08; 03-18-2015 at 07:12 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to cwoody08 For This Useful Post:
VoltaicShock (03-18-2015)

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-19-2015, 06:48 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Hey dude, we all miss stuff like that every once in awhile. Good to hear it was an easy fix.

"From the land of Pleasant Living"
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-19-2015, 11:15 AM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Yeah thanks a lot man. Like you said, more than anything I'm just ecstatic to have it running again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page