Bike throwing codes after short - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-21-2015, 04:34 AM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Bike throwing codes after short

I have a 2003 honda cbr 600rr and just got it back the other day after having the cylinders resleeved along with new pistons. After getting home i left the bike running to do a walk around and i really have never let the bike sit idling for an extended period of time. While doing this i was watching the temp rise and noticed the fan was not kicking on. Temp reached 234 and i shut it off to google kick in temp which looks to be 220. I then took off the fairings and checked the fan relay and fuse which were both good. I then disconnected the fan and ran power to it and it worked fine. I decided to wire in an aux switch to turn the fan on manually. I also read that it could possibly be the coolant temperature sensor and you can check it by grounding it out already having the ground and power hooked to the battery I decided to do this and unplugged the ect sensor and accidentally grabbed the power instead of the ground and touched it. Key was on and it sparked and i heard the fuel pump kick back on. I later tried to start the bike and killed the battery trying to. Acted like it wanted to start but wasn't getting enough fuel. So i jumped it and after five minutes was able to get it to idle but the bike dies immediately when throttled. I immediately noticed the red light flashing and it was obvious that it was a code. 1,7,8,&9 blinks then started over. Map sensor, tp sensor, ect sensor & iat sensor. Do you think i fried my ecm or just the sensors as ive also just learned that the coolant temp sensor shares a common wire with tps, map, and iat sensor
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-12-2015, 04:23 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

It was the ecu. Bought another one used on ebay and swapped them. Everything is fine now
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-13-2015, 05:02 AM
Moto GP Racer

Sucks that happened but thanks anyway for posting the consequence.

1971 Volkswagen 1302 (02.19.2015 - )

For Sale:
https://www.600rr.net/vb/153-07-13-rr...0rr-c-abs.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page