Throttle problem wont accelerate at low RPM. HELP!! - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-23-2006, 01:08 AM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer
 
toly's RR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Minneapolis MN
Posts: 909
Images: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Throttle problem wont accelerate at low RPM. HELP!!

today I noticed that when my bike is on natural and I try to accelerate it wont do it right on low rpm's between 11/2k to like 4k in that range is sounds like it wants to die its shocking. That's when you open the throttle quick seems like very slow response. But then after 4k it works fine quick response to the throttle when you try accelerating. Please let me know what can it be, i recently drilled wholes inside my exhaust for now till i get aftermarket i dont know if thats the case or not.
toly's RR is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-23-2006, 02:45 AM
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 739
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thats how the bike is. Its a dog at low RPM's. Mine does the same exact thing. If the want it faster off the line, then a PCIII will smooth it out and remove the bogging down.
caboarder2001 is offline  
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-23-2006, 09:22 AM
Moto GP Racer
 
NewRedRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Montgomery, Al.
Posts: 11,433
Images: 24
Thanks: 47
Thanked 129 Times in 107 Posts
Garage
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Has the bike been in storage? Fuel stabilizer in the tank? It shouldn't have any hesitations with or without a PCIII. Rev's should be smooth and stumble free.


NewRedRider is offline  
 
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-23-2006, 11:59 AM
AMA Supersport Racer
 
APEX_600RR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Long Beach, CA
Posts: 1,086
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Plugs could also be a culprit here. It also sounds like you might be running lean for some reason too: Faulty PCIII, PCIII map, fuel pres. reg., dirty injectors, air leak, etc ...
APEX_600RR is offline  
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-23-2006, 12:09 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer
 
toly's RR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Minneapolis MN
Posts: 909
Images: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Before it wasnt like this, i never noticed it. the other guy caboarder said its normal his is the same way its wiered. now im all confused. It seems ok when i ride just on the natural when the bake is not moving. Can someone check on their bike see if it does it or not??? try accelorating open the throttle qucik all the way and see if its chokes at the beginning between 1500rpm and 4000rpm.

i only have 2500 miles on it i dont think air filter or spark plugs can go bad so quick.
toly's RR is offline  
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-23-2006, 12:11 PM
Moto GP Racer
 
NewRedRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Montgomery, Al.
Posts: 11,433
Images: 24
Thanks: 47
Thanked 129 Times in 107 Posts
Garage
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by toly's RR
Before it wasnt like this, i never noticed it. the other guy caboarder said its normal his is the same way its wiered. now im all confused. It seems ok when i ride just on the natural when the bake is not moving. Can someone check on their bike see if it does it or not??? try accelorating open the throttle qucik all the way and see if its chokes at the beginning between 1500rpm and 4000rpm.

i only have 2500 miles on it i dont think air filter or spark plugs can go bad so quick.
He's referring to the powerband of the bike. Not the performance. It's NOT normal to stumble. If you want help answer some basic questions so we can start to get a better picture and eliminate some things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRedRider
Has the bike been in storage? Fuel stabilizer in the tank? It shouldn't have any hesitations with or without a PCIII. Rev's should be smooth and stumble free.


NewRedRider is offline  
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-23-2006, 12:16 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer
 
toly's RR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Minneapolis MN
Posts: 909
Images: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRedRider
He's referring to the powerband of the bike. Not the performance. It's NOT normal to stumble. If you want help answer some basic questions so we can start to get a better picture and eliminate some things.

nothing like that, my bike is all stock i have been ridding it for a while before this happaned, tried popping few wheelies few days ago i dont know if that can cause it.
toly's RR is offline  
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-23-2006, 01:24 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer
 
toly's RR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Minneapolis MN
Posts: 909
Images: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
any one knows anyhting about it?
toly's RR is offline  
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-23-2006, 01:26 PM
AMA Supersport Racer
 
APEX_600RR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Long Beach, CA
Posts: 1,086
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I think i know what you are talkin about now and its normal. Your sayin you are just barely putting along at 1500 RPM's and then hit the throttle wide open? Its normal for the bike to be sluggish here because it has no power down this low in the power band and you are just puttin a ton of load on it opening the throttle wide open dumping a ton of gas and air into those cylinders.
APEX_600RR is offline  
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-23-2006, 01:33 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer
 
toly's RR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Minneapolis MN
Posts: 909
Images: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by APEX_600RR
I think i know what you are talkin about now and its normal. Your sayin you are just barely putting along at 1500 RPM's and then hit the throttle wide open? Its normal for the bike to be sluggish here because it has no power down this low in the power band and you are just puttin a ton of load on it opening the throttle wide open dumping a ton of gas and air into those cylinders.
yeah like that. thanks man maybe you are right i just never noticed that before.
toly's RR is offline  
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-23-2006, 01:56 PM
Moto GP Racer
 
NewRedRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Montgomery, Al.
Posts: 11,433
Images: 24
Thanks: 47
Thanked 129 Times in 107 Posts
Garage
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I thought you were saying it was sluggish sitting still. Damn this flu is kicking my a$$!


NewRedRider is offline  
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-23-2006, 02:00 PM
AMA Supersport Racer
 
APEX_600RR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Long Beach, CA
Posts: 1,086
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRedRider
I thought you were saying it was sluggish sitting still. Damn this flu is kicking my a$$!
Thats exactly what i was trying to diagnose at first too
APEX_600RR is offline  
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-12-2012, 07:35 PM
Knee Dragger
 
PlayHard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Downtown LA/South Pasadena
Posts: 124
Images: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Got the diagnostics back from the shop, your not going to believe this.

GAS CAP!

he check the pump and it checked it out good.

he check the air filter and it checked it out good.

during this process he checked all fuel related items, but then he though.

"Let me take off the gas cap and change it with a new one"

bingo! bike does not chock.

he mentioned to me that the gas cap was not releasing pressure when you opened the tank cap, the non-pressure release caused the fuel pump to have issue at high load (reeving 5k RPM +) after you where on it.
PlayHard is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome