Alarm Systems And Battery Life? - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 04-01-2015, 12:51 AM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Unhappy Alarm Systems And Battery Life?

Hey guys, sorry in advance if this has been extensively covered (which I'm sure it has), but after searching the threads on here I didn't really get the straight answer that I was looking for.

Info:
-Bought my bike about a week ago (2007 CBR600RR). 7k miles never downed and came with a "Spy 5000m" alarm system.

-After talking to the seller, I found out the battery is a little old, but he charged it to make sure I could get it inspected and test ride. Everything was great, smooth, well taken care of.

-Bike started up fine and ran all week, I kept the alarm system armed overnight while it was in my shed until my garage was finished being built. One day bike fired right up with no problems, very next day battery couldn't start it. Worse the next day, and completely dead today. (No time display, speedometer)

Questions:
- Does having your alarm system armed all the time drain the hell out of your battery? From what I understand with the Scorpio's, it takes a very minimal amount of power from the battery to operate the Scorpio even while armed. Could it be the "Spy 5000m" just takes too much battery?

- Could it be that it was just the battery? After all I did know the battery didn't have that much juice left. But starting the bike multiple times the day before with no problems to not even close to starting the next day makes me curious as to how much juice these alarms take.

- Has anyone had any similar situations with their alarms?

-I plan on switching from Spy to Scorpio in the future when I get the $. For the time being should I just uninstall the Spy? Or just stick with the new battery I'll be putting in tomorrow until I can get a Scorpio?

Any advice is greatly appreciated, and once again I apologize if this has been covered multiple times. I guess I'd just like my situation taken care of.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page