FI and HESD light comes on, bike shuts down on 2nd gear - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-07-2015, 04:27 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
FI and HESD light comes on, bike shuts down on 2nd gear

Hi, I'm having issues with my 07 CBR600rr. I'm going to try to explain in as much detail as I can.

Bike was running fine until Sunday. The only thing I have done differently that day, right before the ride, was that I got a copy of the key made and I put it in the ignition. I did not even turn the bike on.

30 minutes into my ride, when I would shift down from 3rd to 2nd, the FI and HESD would come on and the RPM would stay low even if I give it some throttle. I would have to shift down and back up and it'll run normal again. It happened 3 times but it wasn't consistent.

After the 3rd time that happened, I was shifting down from 3rd to 2nd coming to a stop, the lights came on again but this time my engine shuts off. I would have to turn off the bike to turn it back on again. It happened again that same ride when I was coming out of a ramp going from 2nd to 3rd gear.

I took the bike out yesterday and it does the same thing. The bike just turns off sometimes when I shift from 3rd to 2nd gear or from 2nd to 3rd gear. It happens more when I shift down than shifting up.

I'm not mechanically inclined but a few of my friends are, so they can help me fix the problem once we can figure out what is causing this.

Does anyone have a clue?

Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-08-2015, 10:44 AM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
FI light should blink in a code of long and short pulses....or you can ask the bike to tell you what code is bothering it.

you need a shop manual at this point....

Any mods to bike ...or completely stock?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page