Repair or sell the parts?? - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-08-2015, 11:07 AM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Repair or sell the parts??

04' went down about a week ago, from what I can see the whole front end needs to be replaced, frame looks fine.. Looking for advice, is it a tough job to replace the front end and is it costly ? Love my bike so I'm leaning more towards fixing her but friends are saying to sell the parts and move on -.-
Picture : http://postimg.org/image/nokmg02zj/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-08-2015, 11:12 AM
BOTY Winner 2015 - BOTM Winner 04/2015

Thanked 1,266 Times in 1,146 Posts
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
sorry to hear about your crash.... if it was me, i would move on and find a new bike, i'm no mechanic and unless you have a pro do the work (unless you are one) no way I would touch that kind of a job myself... my 2pesos good luck with whatever you decide, and am sure others here will come around and give their opinions soon as well...

YouTube Channel

----------------------------------------------------------------
kali_cbr600rr - build/progress (2007 blue/silver)
kali_cbr600rr - GoPro/Video adventures

4 sale: A Lot Of Stuff - Look at the "For Sale" section!!!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-08-2015, 12:25 PM

Feedback Score: 91 reviews
If you have a front stand/rear stand and a couple of tools you can change the front out pretty easy. Get same year front or upgrade to usd forks from 07-13 600rr. "I have a set off a 07 with low miles for sale" Shameless plug, I know but it's really not hard to replace if you have everything ready to go. Just unbolt the triple, drop it out and put the new one in. Looks like you need a new front rim for sure. Glad you are alright.

Can't tell if there is any other damage to the bike but I would pull all the plastics and check the frame from top to bottom and the mounting points to make sure it's good before you ride it again.

http://tripageled.com/store/
Owner
Tristan Page
[email protected]
[email protected]
Dual low / Dual High beam led headlights. OEM appearance
http://tripageled.com/store/index.ph...product_id=236
Integrated Gear Indicator installed inside your cluster
http://tripageled.com/store/index.ph...product_id=116

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-08-2015, 02:01 PM
World Superbike Racer

Garage
It would be cheap to replace if you find some cheap parts on ebay... the front end is pretty straight forward. No need to be an engineer. If you can read a service manual you should be good to go

2007 Cbr600rr Black

[SIZE=1]Tripage IT and Plate Bracket, TST Turn Signals, GB Case Covers, Captive Rear Spacers, Driven 520 -1 +2 steel sprocket kit, Spiegler Steel Brake Lines, Front Fork Revalve, Stomp Grips, Speedodrd, Dunlop Q3's, HRC Rear Brake Res, Woocraft Frame sliders, Shorty levers, 90 Degree Valve Stems, EK 520 Black/Gold Chain, Tekarbon Chain Guard, Engine Swap, Brembo RCS, Evotech Front Brake Res, SBS Sintered Race pads, Healtech Quick Shifter, Vortex Rearsets, and Trackdays!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-09-2015, 03:54 AM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Just ordered some stands, im going to attemp to fix her! Half excited half worried, fingers crossed I'll keep you posted
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-11-2015, 02:23 PM
Training Wheel Hero

fixing this is a piece of cake. Should cost no more than $700 if you do the job yourself. All you need is new forks. (check to make sure the triple tree and top clamp are not bent also) and a couple other misc parts (obviously if you want the bike looking new youll need new plastics) Take some more pictures. Itll be alot easier for people to give you an estimate of the damage a bit more accurately.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-11-2015, 02:33 PM
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I agree with repairing This not too hard but definitely upgrade you have the older 03-04 forks you can either do the 05-06 which are better forks or the 07+ Which is even better . With swapping these out you'll need the the lower and top triple tree clamp with correct fork stem and the calipers most parts are reusable
If they didn't get damaged keep us updated with the progress and we'll be glad to lend a hand .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page