Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

600RR wont shift into 3rd

661 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Toe 
#1 ·
I just bought a brand new 06 600RR and I cannot shift past 2nd gear. I will admit I dropped the bike twice;once on both sides, GOD I HATE MY F###ING DRIVEWAY!!!. No damage except for minor scratches that aren't that noticable (THANK GOD!) Both times I dropped the bike I was at a dead stop and controlled the fall enough so that major damage did not occur. I've inspected the bike (no bent or shattered pieces) and ridden it for about a 1/2 an hour up and down my hill after noticing this problem. There isn't any change in clutch free play, vibration sounds, clutch sounds, anything! It simply will not shift into third no matter how hard I try and click up. I'm not a mechanic, I just need to know if this is a fairly common problem, if it might be my fault, if it's a manufacturer defect, or if I should just bring it back to where I bought it and have them take a look at her. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

THANKS!
Joel

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.