Is my Bike running on 3 Cylinders? - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-04-2017, 10:41 AM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Is my Bike running on 3 Cylinders?

Ok so this is kinda a long story.

I been restoring this 2005 cbr600rr to track ready condition after it's been sitting for years.

I had a bad PC3 and fuel pump and few other issues all sorted now, but after sending it to someone else to get the valve clearances checked and check over they told me that there is something wrong with the fueling and was severely lacking power above 10k rpm
At the time I thought this was the kinda broken TPS connector clip which I wasn't bothered about at all because I had bought a replacement pc3 and knew the connector clicked into that fine.

Anyway turns out the pc3 didn't fix it and the problem is still there.
So the mechanic's advice was to look at the TPS since the TPS bolts had shown evidence of being tampered with. However I measured the TPS voltage and it was within range of normal, but I found a good deal on a used throttle body so I jumped on it.

So I have now fitted the replacement throttle body with stock set TPS.
Unfortunately I had to use tie downs from a ladder to remove the throttle bodies as they were stuck so hard and in the process I busted the thermostat cap hose pipe.
So I got a replacement thermostat cap fitted it and got a carb tune tool for syncing the starter valves on the new throttle body as I accidentally moved them while cleaning and figured it was a good thing to do anyway.
Made a thread here because I wasn't quite sure about blocking off the pair valves
https://www.600rr.net/vb/35-maintenan...questions.html

Upon plugging in the carb sync gauges I noticed I get no pressure at all on cyclinder 4
So I ripped off the airbox again and cleaned the throttle body again and this time visually adjusted the valve on the 4th cylinder as it looked to be all the way closed.

Tested again, same problem.
Also noticed the bike is leaking quite a lot of coolant/water (I put water in it because I am draining often)
I am yet to work out where the water is leaking from, doesn't appear to be the thermostat that looks fine.

So could it be I have no pressure in cylinder 4 because cylinder 4 isn't working at all?
Was this my problem all along?

I guess the next step is to start checking the voltage on my injector connectors.

Last edited by Kinjo695; 07-04-2017 at 10:45 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-05-2017, 07:58 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
So I don't think it is missing a cylinder, I did some testing

So I think I will just forget about the starter valve/throttle body sync for now as nobody seems to be able to offer much information on it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page