Rattling at right engine cover (2008 600rr) - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-16-2017, 11:39 AM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Unhappy Rattling at right engine cover (2008 600rr)

So i have a 2008 cbr 600rr, at first thought, i suspected the CCT , so i changed it .. RATTLING still persists . Now someone from a FB group told me that it it could be my clutch (center clutch). He said the protrusions inside the center clutch that the clutch springs are on have probably worn . I checked it myself and they look *okay* to me , but am not a mechanic so I wouldn't know for sure.

Could this be possible , and seeing that it's relatively cheap should i by an entire OEM clutch assembly off ebay or just the center clutch piece ?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-17-2017, 03:03 AM
BOTY 2014 Winner

Thanked 1,047 Times in 853 Posts
Garage
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
whoever gave you advice doesn't know what' he's talking about.

a clutch may make a sort of droning noise, but not a rattle. everything is oil dampened and pretty well incapable of rattling. the pack has a judder spring assembly in it to mitigate this further.

don't buy parts until you've diagnosed your issue. it's ******* retarded how many people find a problem, then buy stuff until it's gone.

cam chain rattles are very common on these bikes, what's your mileage? it may be time to replace the guides and chain as well.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-18-2017, 12:26 AM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by wibbly View Post
whoever gave you advice doesn't know what' he's talking about.

a clutch may make a sort of droning noise, but not a rattle. everything is oil dampened and pretty well incapable of rattling. the pack has a judder spring assembly in it to mitigate this further.

don't buy parts until you've diagnosed your issue. it's ******* retarded how many people find a problem, then buy stuff until it's gone.

cam chain rattles are very common on these bikes, what's your mileage? it may be time to replace the guides and chain as well.
20k on clock...Am gonna just bring it to shop before i consider buying anything..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page