clutch or gear proplem? - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-19-2017, 10:32 AM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
clutch or gear proplem?

Hi

I have a problem whit big clunk and bike jumping going in to gear.

it started whit clunks going in to first and hard shift, then clutch did not disengage and bike moving whit clutch pulled and in gear.

I open the case and the plates where burnt i change them but the clunks are still there sounds very bad, the bike dont move now when running whit lever in i can move bike in gear whit clutch lever pulled but not sure if it disengage full.

The clunk sound seems to come from clutch side off the bike, if i roll the bike back and forth 1 fist gear there is a sound from basket in engage and disengage clutch.

Last edited by Martin H Kristensen; 09-19-2017 at 02:57 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-20-2017, 11:47 AM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Is it normal to be able to move the out basket like this? oil pump chain this loose and be able to move the inner basket like this in gear?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-30-2017, 05:39 PM
Training Wheel Hero

Hey man. My bike sometimes jumps a bit forward when putting it in first. Imho I believe its normal to some degree as is the clunk sound from neutral to first gear. Your clutch has some wear marks on it which probably means that your clutch was sticking, hence the jump. The clutch has quite a bit of play there and could mean that the needle bearing is worn out. If it's really starting to wear, you will hear the basket sometimes knock while idling. Other than that, the grooves caused by clutch plates should explain the sticking=jumping forward. Oil pump chains are generally really loose, I am no expert, just my personal view on this. Good luck!

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-30-2017, 09:38 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
It's normal on these Honda's to have a clunk when going from N-1-2.

I always ease the bike's shift from N to 1st by having the bike rolling before engaging 1st.

It's got to do with one of the gearbox shafts that the gears engage not spinning at all in N, and having to start moving when a gear is selected......IIIRC.

Watch IOM TT Pit videos, you'll always see the mechs. pushing the bike to get it moving, before the rider engages 1st.

1st to 2nd, I shift gently, at around 7K rpm.....and rarely use 1st once moving.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-06-2017, 02:43 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Thanks for the answers, I changed all in the clutch but the outer basket have filed the marks down in that and the problems still there it shifted better when i got the bike :(

Cant it be the dogs or other ting in the transmission thats fucked? some times when i change gear from 1 to 2 driving it feels like 2 gears grinding together and it feels a little hard to get it in 2.

Last edited by Martin H Kristensen; 10-06-2017 at 03:08 PM.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-07-2017, 01:56 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
shift dogs/forks can be bent/worn.

I rev match very carefully and slowly when downshifting 3-2-N-1.

particularly 2-N-1.

I almost never go down into 1 while moving.

I use 1 as a starting gear, never wind it out, or shift on the fat part of the power curve into 2nd.....

I go 5 K rpm in first, and easy shift past N to 2nd, then its full gas from 2nd on up..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page