05-06 headlight / taillight mounting - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-06-2018, 05:47 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
05-06 headlight / taillight mounting

Photos I saw were kinda vague so i'm checking to see if my gut is right.

I bought replacement fairings from Auctmarts about a week ago, and i've been preparing to get all the parts and whatnot assembled and ready for when they come in. Bought the fairing bolt kit too, but i suspect that not ALL fasteners will come with it.

I THINK the headlight is mounted to the upper by the two upper and lower tabs on the left and right. i THINK there is also one dead center near the bank angle sensor. It's a 30min drive to the hardware store and the less frequently i make that trip the better.

On that note, one one other thing that is vexing me is how the tail light is mounted. if memory serves it's bolted to the subframe via two metal L-brackets, but there's a tab on the taillight itself that mounts inside the rear lip of the tail fairing. I would have to manufacture these as the originals were long discarded when i converted it from street to track those many moons ago.

Any help would be appreciated.

ccs907
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-07-2018, 08:49 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccs907 View Post
Photos I saw were kinda vague so i'm checking to see if my gut is right.

I bought replacement fairings from Auctmarts about a week ago, and i've been preparing to get all the parts and whatnot assembled and ready for when they come in. Bought the fairing bolt kit too, but i suspect that not ALL fasteners will come with it.

I THINK the headlight is mounted to the upper by the two upper and lower tabs on the left and right. i THINK there is also one dead center near the bank angle sensor. It's a 30min drive to the hardware store and the less frequently i make that trip the better.

On that note, one one other thing that is vexing me is how the tail light is mounted. if memory serves it's bolted to the subframe via two metal L-brackets, but there's a tab on the taillight itself that mounts inside the rear lip of the tail fairing. I would have to manufacture these as the originals were long discarded when i converted it from street to track those many moons ago.

Any help would be appreciated.
As for the headlights, you're correct. When I put a new fairing kit on last year I also ordered the bolt kit. I still had to order the 4 bolts (2 top, 2 bottom) and center bolt to mount the headlight assembly from the dealer. They were cheap.

I don't have the metal brackets for the tailight. They disappeared with the bikes previous owner. My taillight has stayed in just fine with the tab on the light and 2 bolts holding the plastic piece in the tail fairing. I also used a little two sided tape on the top of the light to help it adhere to the inside of the tail fairing.

Good luck!

"Opinions are like A**holes. Everyone has one."

- Untamed Entity -
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-07-2018, 10:00 AM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Untamed Entity View Post
As for the headlights, you're correct. When I put a new fairing kit on last year I also ordered the bolt kit. I still had to order the 4 bolts (2 top, 2 bottom) and center bolt to mount the headlight assembly from the dealer. They were cheap.

I don't have the metal brackets for the tailight. They disappeared with the bikes previous owner. My taillight has stayed in just fine with the tab on the light and 2 bolts holding the plastic piece in the tail fairing. I also used a little two sided tape on the top of the light to help it adhere to the inside of the tail fairing.

Good luck!
thanks for the verification! on RonAyers.com I found M5x25 for the centerbolt and lower L/R mounting bolts, and M5x20 for the upper L/R bolts. I might have to find a creative way to mount the Bank Angle Sensor. As for the taillight, I assume you had to reuse the plastic thing that the taillight slides into. yeah that's gone too. soooooo... velcro i guess.

ccs907
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page