Fuel issues? - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-25-2018, 10:15 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Fuel issues?

03 CBR600RR roughly 40k miles. 3 weeks ago I stopped for fuel, 2 miles later bike was falling on its face, especially under load. After reading several posts here, concluded it was the pump and replaced it.
A week or so after replacing the pump I rode to Phoenix from CG (90-95 round trip) and right before my exit, the bike lost power. Was able to coast off the freeway. Bike starts, idles but when given any throttle it wants to die, unless I message it, but hardly ran at all.
Parked it 2 weeks ago and finally decided to see WTF is up, battery render overnight and she fires up and seems to run normally.
Could this be TP? The service manual shows umpteen number of sensors and relays, ECT, MAP, IAT, etc.
I hate having a bike I cannot trust to ride. Any help is appreciated, thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-26-2018, 01:09 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Would a poor performing battery cause any of these issues? Rode it to the store last night, all was fine until about 5 miles into ride, and it started to lose power and would barely idle, and it loped like I had a big cam in it. Rode a mile to the house, put the tender on it, started it up and it idled fine. Battery is 18 months old... if I find out I will post, in case someone else has this issue in the future.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-26-2018, 11:48 PM
Pocketbike Racer

With the battery being that new, I would take a hard look at your charging system. There should be troubleshooting steps in your service manual for that.

2003 Honda CBR600RR
- Renthal Sprockets (15/45) - DID 520ERV3
- Micron Slip on - Pair/EVAP delete
- SS front brake lines - Gilles Rearsets
The Following User Says Thank You to Honda-Power For This Useful Post:
dixon cider (08-27-2018)

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-29-2018, 08:11 AM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Thank you HondaPower, I will check it after work today. It may be an issue, but not the one causing the bike to run as bad as it does. Tried to start it last night, no go. The starter spun fine, had it on the tender to keep charged. It barely wanted to fire off and never did start. I guess it's back to chasing (err, testing( electrical components on the fuel system... sounds almost Impossible if you don't have the Honda testing tool, piggyback harness for ecu testing, among other things...
Thanks again!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page