Fuel Priming and Bank Angle Sensor Fuse Keeps Blowing - HELP ME Please! - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 04:10 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Fuel Priming and Bank Angle Sensor Fuse Keeps Blowing - HELP ME Please!

Hi there, I have a 2003 CBR600rr, no mods other than integrated indicator into the mirror.

The 10A fuse blew that is on the circuit of fuel priming and the B.A.S. The bike had gone over a substantial bump when this happened.

The second time this happened, I was going about 70kmh straight down a road, no significant bumps, and the same fuse blew again, I replaced it to get it home and haven't ridden it much since.

So far, I've taken off the fuel tank, started the bike, and started shaking wires around looking for an area that could have been the source of the short. As you all can likely tell.. I found nothing.

I've read that the bank angle sensor, when taking a hit (such as a bump) can become wonky. I'm unsure if this hit to a B.A.S. would cause a fuse to blow. I'm not very mechanically inclined which is why I'm here. Other than that I have nothing to go off of and am afraid to ride and take corners.

Any help would be appreciated - thank you guys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 12:10 AM
BOTY 2014 Winner

Thanked 1,047 Times in 853 Posts
Garage
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Unplug and bypass the bank angle sensor and see if the problem persists.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page