2006 Throttle Wide Open But Throttle Not Stuck - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 08:43 AM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2006 Throttle Wide Open But Throttle Not Stuck

So i just took the bike out for a spin yesterday after being stored all winter but before that I had it apart the previous week and cleaned and lubed up everything(gas tank removed and airbox taken apart and cleaned), Verified all my wiring was good and no corrosion or broken connectors, changed oil and coolant, basically everything you can think of as far as general maintenance to ensure the bike is ready and safe to ride. So i noticed a few minutes into the ride the FI light comes on and stays lit. I keep riding and continue to watch it. Bike is running fine 165 degrees operating temp and what not. All of a sudden it takes off like i twisted the throttle wide open but i physically didnt. I didnt panic and pulled in the clutch and switched to neutral and the bike was hitting the rev limiter still. I twisted the throttle back and forth and it did nothing. The throttle wasn't stuck but the bike was at full throttle. So i hit the kill switch and coasted to a parking lot. I turned the bike off and turned it back on, checked the throttle to verify it wasn't stuck which it wasn't, it felt very smooth..as soon as i started it up the bike revved like i was holding the throttle wide open but i wasn't so i quickly turned it back off. i repeated this process 3-4 times and same result. So i waited another 10 mins or so and tried it once more and voila! it went away.... so weird....I ended up disconnecting the battery for a few mins and reconnecting it and now the FI light never came back on nor did it act up.... Any Ideas on what caused this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 09:01 AM
Training Wheel Hero

Sounds like a funky reading from the TPS or MAP.....keep an eye on it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 09:29 AM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

yeah that's what i was thinking also. It was a scary situation at first, just cruising along then the bike takes off.... if it ever does it again i'm thinking new map sensor and another throttle body too. Currently letting the bike sit with the battery unplugged and letting the ecu reset.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 09:40 AM
Training Wheel Hero

Yeah that's a good idea letting the eprom erase

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page