Long time surfer of 600rr.net, first time poster...
I've been having issue starting my 2006 and heres my story.
i started it just fine of a morning to move it 3 meters.. then about 2 hours
later i attempted to start it to move it and it didn't want to turn over.
1st thing i noticed, it had nothing to show on the oil meter. so the first
thing i did was fill it up with what i had (1Liter) and hoped for the best...
nope, same thing
heres whats happening.
1. oil light and oil icon on dash are on when ignition is on (i beleive this
shoud go away when the engine starts)
2. fuel sounds like its priming just fine (ive learned since i was silly and had the BAS upside
down when changing fairings)
3. the starter motor seems fine
4. a cylinder here and there almost sounds like it fires for a fraction of a second
while holding the start button..
5. power commander is all a go (plugged it in, map is fine and picks up the little rev of the firing cylinder and throttle %)
6. Fi light is not on or flashing
i've been looking around these forums to save myself wasting a post and time other members, but it seems i can't find muchon the same problems
what i've tried
waited on any oil i added to sit and go through the lines
battery voltage is fine (and falling since i keep trying to start, but charging as i type) fuses are just fine (LH side faring and the two next to the under seat battery) as mentioned before BAS is surely right side up
any insight would be great, but i think my next option would be to
check spark plugs
rip out the power commander
last resort, take it to a mechanic!
just hoping i didn't cease anything, but I'm sure I would have heard something! <img src="https://www.600rr.net/vb
/images/600RR_net_2015/smilies/tango_face_plain.png" border="0" alt="" title="Serious" class="inlineimg" />