03 Won't Start After LED Turn Signal Install (Electrical?) - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 10:15 AM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
03 Won't Start After LED Turn Signal Install (Electrical?)

Yesterday I installed some LED flush mount turn signals that I picked up from motodynamic and had to use butt connectors to to wire them up due to the previous owner having aftermarket signals already. I installed the signals without connecting the running lights (they were not connected to previous signals) and they worked perfectly and light up at the proper intervals so I put everything back together and then went for a ride and the bike does not start. The Headlight works and all indicators turn on. The fuel pump primes when I push down the killswitch, but when I press the ignition nothing happens except the headlights dim. I do not think it is a battery issue (new battery/rode the bike 3 days before changing the signals). I tried starting it with kickstand up/down and in every gear. Neutral indicator looks like it is working propery. I plan to check the relays and fueses today but I wanted to hear about other possiblities that it would be because I do not belive that it is a relay.

side note: would grounding out the running lights on the turn signal do this? I kind of just thorugh all of the turn signal cables back into the side.

Link to turn signals: https://www.motodynamic.com/flush-mo...-cbr600rr.html

TLDR: Bike won't start after changing turn signals. Fuel pump primes. Ignition button does nothing (headlights dim).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 05:47 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Update: I am able to start the bike by shorting the solinoid. I shorted the kickstand sensor and it still didn't start. I checked all of my work from the turn signal install and it looked fine. Could I get any ideas for what the issue might be? This is the first time I have seen this issue and it seems like to much of a coincidence to happen right after changing turn signals.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page