Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

06 CBR600rr - Headlight connector

4K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  CrimsonArc 
#1 · (Edited)
https://www.bikebandit.com/oem-parts/2006-honda-cbr600rr/o/m2058#sch412066

I need the wire connector for the part #6. I can't seem to find it on their store (maybe it's buried in the wire harness section and I just don't see it). The connector I have, the wire broke off at the connector. It's in a very hard to solder place. The solder fix lasted for 2 years but now every bump I hit make it lose connection. I'd rather just replace it than bother resoldering it; or worse, just solder the wires directly to the socket... Can anyone point me to a part or an idea other than replacing the whole thing with HID?

Edit: After looking at the connector again, is it an H4 connector but missing the third wire? I think I also found the connector, it's in the sub-harness front section but not shelling out $70 for a single connector.

#12 ·
Wibbly & Dirlydrew420:
See image below for comparison of H7 bulb and my socket connector. There is a ~5mm gap from the left side connector.
https://ibb.co/MZzWX08

Also, the socket male spade is wider and thicker than I'm normally accustom to in electrical work. None of the female spade connectors I have will fit. Wibbly, the H4 link you sent offered a new insight! I can pop open the top of my connector (previously did not know I could do this) and maybe solder it from there. Will check later to see if this will work. I will also check out h4 connector to see if it is indeed just a h4 connector (then just simple swap).

Dirtydrew420, I don't think what you have there is what I need. Not too sure what the black cord is, does not look like my connector. Thanks for offer though!

I will post my progress to determine that's the connector for the socket is a h4 or otherwise will try to solder fix from inside the connector.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.