Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Scrolling fuel gauge. No start on 07

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  5.4ever 
#1 ·
Hello to all

My 07 sat for over a year. I recently installed a new battery. When I went to start it, I immediately noticed the fuel gauge scrolling. I still tried to start it but no go

It cranks but does fire up

I tried the “yellow” plug by the passengers seat, unplugged it then back in. I checked the fuel pump relay, I removed the old gas out of the gas tank, cleane, also removed the fuel pump and wiped it down. Reinstalled everything, and still the same problem.

Any help would be appreciated

#2 ·
It's been said a thousand times but you gotta do the basics:

It's getting air? Unless a rodent took up residence in your airbox this can be assumed.

It's getting spark? Sitting a year isn't going to harm previously working plugs unless maybe you live next to a chlorine plant. So probably yes.

It's getting fuel in the right amount? Almost certainly your issue. Good that you cleaned out the tank. I hope you drained the pump as well as there's a fair bit of gas inside the pump. If you set it at the right angle most will drain out by gravity.

Assuming your old gas wasn't full of rust it's unlikely your filter is clogged. A clogged filter (it's inside the pump housing and not replaceable; it's not the little strainer thing) will usually still flow gas but not at the right pressure and your bike won't start.

Most likely your issue is bad gas after the pump and in the injectors. When you had the fuel hose off you should of squirted brake or carb cleaner into it. It will displace the bad water/gas and then quickly evaporate.

If pump is fine and you have fresh gas you just need to work through the crap in your injectors. When you first went to start it you injected watery gas into your motor and that likely fouled the plugs. If you have much time you can just crank her a little each day and if nothing else is wrong she'll eventually fire up.

Or you can pull and clean/change the plugs and check for spark. Then you'll know you covered all three bases. After a little cranking (and it will take a half dozen or so attempts over a half hour) she'll fire up and run rough while she burns through the old crap.

It's highly unlikely to be anything else if she ran a year ago and just sat.

Anytime your bike is going to sit for awhile either drain the gas or buy non ethanol and add fuel saver.

Good luck. I'm sure you'll be able to get her running.

#3 ·
Wow thanks friend. I went ahead and ordered a pre owned but guaranteed to work pump form another 07

When it gets here and I swap it out, I’ll spray the hose with carb and dump new fuel in there and go from there

I took a video of the sounds it makes but I don’t know how to upload it, I’m on a tablet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.