Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Bike wont start. I think its the starter.

868 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  danielporsh 
#1 ·
Hello everyone,

Having a starting issue. I just wanted to verify that my diagnosis was correct and all. If you watch the video you hear the fuel pump primes and all and everything works as intended but when I hit the ignition the bike doesn't even start turning over. I check the solenoid and it was a bit rusty and some of the fuses were but I cleaned them all up and covered up everything with dielectric grease to prevent any rusting. I checked the throughput on the selenoid and it seems to be arranged in this way. The bottom four pins have a connection to the other one across and the two plates only get connected when I hit the ignition switch. Drew a little drawing and included it. Also, I have swapped the battery as I was planning on going from an acid to a lithium a while ago I decided to do so now as just in case it was the battery, "it's not the battery". So now with all this testing. I have not tested the voltage coming through the relay only checked it for throughput. I honestly think its the starter my buddy just said check the ignition switch which I don't think he knows what hes talking about but hey I tend to doubt him and end up being wrong usually so I am considering checking it. Should I be checking the voltage throughput coming through the relay or does anyone have any other advice on things to check? All input is useful input at this point. Thank you to everyone ahead of time.

See less See more
1 1
#2 ·
if you short the two screws in your picture with a wrench, the starter should run. if it doesn't then it's likely the starter, or the connection on the starter itself.

chances are it's the latter as you can clearly hear the solenoid pulling, but the click isn't a guarantee the contacts are in place.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.