rear shock res. cover missing. - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-08-2007, 12:49 PM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
rear shock res. cover missing.

I went out to the garage to get my bike out and discovered that the rear shock resevoir cover was missing. I have no idea how it would have fallen off. :(

anyone else have this problem? Might be something to keep an eye out for

I'm pretty sure this is one part I can only get at the dealer but any better leads would be great.

Thanks for reading

2005 CBR 600RR
PCIIIUSB; Yosh RS-5; 520 conversion (vortex and RKXSO) Homemade FE, OEM seat cowl.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-08-2007, 12:51 PM
Post Whore Extraordinaire

Feedback Score: 16 reviews
it was probably put on lose, and vibrated off, either way you need to replace it, make sure you get the washer with it.

No more mod listing, shits is STILL too long

03 600RR > 04 1000RR > 06 R6V > 05 600RR > 06 R1 > 09 1000RR > 10 RSV4R :gun:
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-13-2007, 08:33 PM

Me Too

I had the same problem and I called my Honda dealer and they couldn't find a part number in their books. They found it but they expect it only comes with a complete shock kit.

Anyway, you don't have to have one, you only need to keep the valve covered. I put a chrome valve stem cap on it and it looks better than the plastic disc. Make sure you don't tough the stem though, I think the shock is under about 150 psi.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-13-2007, 11:44 PM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Happened to me, except it came off when I was riding. Luckily I was only going about 20 so I heard it happen. Just heard a loud pop and felt something hit my leg. My neighbor saw where it went. I almost left it there because I thought I just ran over a piece of junk metal in the street, but decided to throw it in my pocket. I'm glad I did because I realized what it was when I got home.

In my case, I'm pretty sure it was put back on incorrectly by the shop that fu**ed everything else up that they put back on.

"It seemed like a good idea at the time."
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-14-2007, 12:35 AM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TribalRedRider View Post
I had the same problem and I called my Honda dealer and they couldn't find a part number in their books. They found it but they expect it only comes with a complete shock kit.

Anyway, you don't have to have one, you only need to keep the valve covered. I put a chrome valve stem cap on it and it looks better than the plastic disc. Make sure you don't tough the stem though, I think the shock is under about 150 psi.
yeah, I went to the dealer. according to to the parts list, that peice is part of the entire reak shock assembly. like 800 bucks. hahah.

That is really clever, the valver stem cap! great thinking. thank you!

2005 CBR 600RR
PCIIIUSB; Yosh RS-5; 520 conversion (vortex and RKXSO) Homemade FE, OEM seat cowl.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page