Electrical HELP!!!!! - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-08-2007, 10:26 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Electrical HELP!!!!!

i have an 04 RR...

its a stunt bike and the person before me hacked the wiring harness to shit and it didnt have an ignition and it did all kinds of wierd things.

so i bought a wiring harness off of ebay and it is from an 05 along with a brand new ignition for an 05. the only differnce (that i can tell) is 1 connector on the 04 turned into 4 on the 05. all the same color wires so i sliced together what i needed too.

now, the fuel pump wont prime when i turn the bike on. the headlight and tail light turn on so i know there isnt a problem with the ignition. i check the power going to the tank and there isnt any, so i know the its not a problem with the fuel pump itself. i have the clutch, kickstand, and tip-over sensor bypassed.

anyone have any idea why my fuel pump isnt gettin power?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2007, 03:01 PM
Knightslugger
This message has been deleted by Knightslugger. Reason: Topic was moved... thanks Mods
post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-09-2007, 03:32 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
You need a 2005 ECU, since the 03-04 RR had a different setup from the 05-06....

I think the 05-06 is 12vdc and the 03-04 is 9.5vdc to the ECU..

Matthew
03' 600rr - Track

Last edited by AlpineJim; 04-09-2007 at 03:34 PM.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-09-2007, 03:52 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineJim View Post
You need a 2005 ECU, since the 03-04 RR had a different setup from the 05-06....

I think the 05-06 is 12vdc and the 03-04 is 9.5vdc to the ECU..

the ecu is working though.. along with everything but the fuel pump. i turn the key and all the lights turn on, the horn works... the bike cranks over so the starter is working, there just isnt any power being sent to the fuel pump

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-09-2007, 04:10 PM
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by f4stunna View Post
the ecu is working though.. along with everything but the fuel pump. i turn the key and all the lights turn on, the horn works... the bike cranks over so the starter is working, there just isnt any power being sent to the fuel pump
I'm telling you its the ECU... Yeah its working, it not getting the correct voltage to ECU to turn on the fuel pump. It thinks someone has just "hot wired" the bike... It won't start.

I have a keyless 03 trackbike..

Matthew
03' 600rr - Track
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-09-2007, 05:08 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 59 reviews
i totaly agree it is the ECU!!!! had one go out last week, with a few other things too. thread jack: any one have a ECU that works with the letters AC on the top for a 2003-04

Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience
Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-09-2007, 05:12 PM
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowningBuck View Post
i totaly agree it is the ECU!!!! had one go out last week, with a few other things too. thread jack: any one have a ECU that works with the letters AC on the top for a 2003-04
was that the problem a couple of weeks ago right before your first race?

Matthew
03' 600rr - Track
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-09-2007, 05:41 PM Thread Starter

well, im not paying 800 for new one so lets hope its something else
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-09-2007, 08:10 PM

i have an 03-04 harness and ecu lying somewhere in my house, hopefully i can find it. Let me know if you're interested in it.
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-09-2007, 08:57 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by li1p1aya View Post
i have an 03-04 harness and ecu lying somewhere in my house, hopefully i can find it. Let me know if you're interested in it.

i bought an ignition for an 05 brand new so im gonna use that... the whole point of this whole project was to get an ignition and a key

so i guess i have to try to find an ECU for an 05 cheap
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-10-2007, 06:15 AM Thread Starter

i have 2 questions for you guys:

will this blow my rectifier running on the higher voltage?

and two, can i bring the bike somewhere, like a honda dealer, and have them reprogram the ecu and just have them tell it to run?
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-10-2007, 01:52 PM

I also have an ignition/key for the 03-04 :icon_lol: plus the lock set for the tank and compartment.

Quote:
i bought an ignition for an 05 brand new so im gonna use that... the whole point of this whole project was to get an ignition and a key

so i guess i have to try to find an ECU for an 05 cheap
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-10-2007, 08:41 PM

dude..

I have the same F****%$ problem - I have 2 ECU's for '03, and '04 and an '05 ECU with wiring harness. I'm pretty sure the '05 is checked out and good, same with the wiring harness... I was going to put it on ebay. the other ECU's I tried (one off a working Race bike) didn't fix the problem - so i'm just as stumped as you. I mean..i have EXACTLY the same problem - and I don't think it's the ECU, and neither does the local shop. so now it's at a different shop. I'd be happy to sell you the ECU and wiring harness if you want. email me at [email protected] and we can work something out. I'm still waiting for answers to my same question, but no one answered me on these forums. If i find out what it is.. hopefully tonight or tomorrow, i'll be sure to post. It make so much sense that it's the tilt sensor malfunctioning. I've herd you can't jumper the tilt sensor sometimes, because your not getting the correct voltage anymore (hense what homeboy above me said) and won't start. just turns over and over and over - the fule pump wont come on, on it's own, and there is no spark either.
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-10-2007, 08:45 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewn View Post
I have the same F****%$ problem - I have 2 ECU's for '03, and '04 and an '05 ECU with wiring harness. I'm pretty sure the '05 is checked out and good, same with the wiring harness... I was going to put it on ebay. the other ECU's I tried (one off a working Race bike) didn't fix the problem - so i'm just as stumped as you. I mean..i have EXACTLY the same problem - and I don't think it's the ECU, and neither does the local shop. so now it's at a different shop. I'd be happy to sell you the ECU and wiring harness if you want. email me at [email protected] and we can work something out. I'm still waiting for answers to my same question, but no one answered me on these forums. If i find out what it is.. hopefully tonight or tomorrow, i'll be sure to post. It make so much sense that it's the tilt sensor malfunctioning. I've herd you can't jumper the tilt sensor sometimes, because your not getting the correct voltage anymore (hense what homeboy above me said) and won't start. just turns over and over and over - the fule pump wont come on, on it's own, and there is no spark either.

i bought an 05 ECU today off of ebay so we will see when it comes in...

and you can always jump the tipover sensor. connect the red/white and green and leave the white alone
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-10-2007, 08:47 PM

I know you CAN - but i've herd it may not always work cuz the resistance is off a bit. Either way - if you figure it out before me post up!

http://www.pnwriders.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34753
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-10-2007, 08:59 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewn View Post
I know you CAN - but i've herd it may not always work cuz the resistance is off a bit. Either way - if you figure it out before me post up!

http://www.pnwriders.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34753

i read thru all of that... i noticed that you said that the fuel pump will prime... mine wont, at all. ive checked with a test light and there isnt any power getting to it at all.

i have mine tipover sensor, clutch, and kickstand bypassed.

and cutting out the tipover sensor wont change the resistance going thru the wire enough to change anything. its the fact that the 04 system runs at 9.5v and the 05 runs at 12v, thats big enough for it to notice soemthings up.

or so ive been told... we'll see when the ECU gets here
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-10-2007, 09:17 PM

I think it's your t.i.p. I know you said it's bypassed, but why not hook one up to see if solves anything. Without a functioning t.i.p. your fuel pump will never fire.
post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-10-2007, 09:58 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by graveshaker View Post
I think it's your t.i.p. I know you said it's bypassed, but why not hook one up to see if solves anything. Without a functioning t.i.p. your fuel pump will never fire.

thats not true, beucase i never had one on the bike
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-10-2007, 10:11 PM
Moto GP Racer

Well, on the 03-04 theres a zener diode which is a voltage regulator sends 9.5vdc +/- to the ECU. Which turns on the fuel pump.

Matthew
03' 600rr - Track
post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-10-2007, 10:22 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Well, on the 03-04 theres a zener diode which is a voltage regulator sends 9.5vdc +/- to the ECU. Which turns on the fuel pump.

where is this?

if its in the tipover sensor its not important... becuase my bike is an 04 and the tip over sensor was bypassed before.
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-10-2007, 10:36 PM
Moto GP Racer

Its on the bottom of the ignition of a 03-04 since you dont have that anymore your ECU is looking for the 9.5v to start/prime the fuel pump...

Matthew
03' 600rr - Track
post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-11-2007, 12:51 AM

Im dumbfounded with the same problem, only 2005....
post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-11-2007, 06:54 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Its on the bottom of the ignition of a 03-04 since you dont have that anymore your ECU is looking for the 9.5v to start/prime the fuel pump...
even if i had that informatio ealier, it wouldnt have helped. i never had an ignition on the bike
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-11-2007, 10:00 AM
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
even if i had that informatio ealier, it wouldnt have helped. i never had an ignition on the bike
I dont have an ignition either, You don't need it if you bypass the ignition right..

but since the 05 ignition is different from a 03-04 and the ECU is also different and it won't start.

Matthew
03' 600rr - Track
post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-11-2007, 04:06 PM

Quote:
i read thru all of that... i noticed that you said that the fuel pump will prime... mine wont, at all. ive checked with a test light and there isnt any power getting to it at all.

i have mine tipover sensor, clutch, and kickstand bypassed.

and cutting out the tipover sensor wont change the resistance going thru the wire enough to change anything. its the fact that the 04 system runs at 9.5v and the 05 runs at 12v, thats big enough for it to notice soemthings up.

or so ive been told... we'll see when the ECU gets here
My fuel pump won't prime on it's own... I had to jumper the fuel cut off relay. did you try that? you jump it, and it just turns on and stays on... then try starting it. Are you getting spark or not ?
post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-14-2007, 03:27 AM Thread Starter

you fucking sons of bitches were right....

got my 05 ECU in the mail today... pluged that shit in, fuel pump primed.... bike running...

best 150 i ever spent, ha ha ha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page