Blinker prob and random questions - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-16-2007, 05:06 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Crazy blinker problem - FIXED!!!

Got a small issue with my right side blinker. The left side will blink fine. The right stays solid if I switch it on first. If I turn the left one on first then switch to the right it will blink like normal. The right side also works like normal when the handle bars are turned to the left. Any ideas? I have checked the wires and connectors and there is nothing loose. I just noticed this on my new to me bike. So I really have no experience with these. They are flush mount leds.

Another question, what is normal operating temperature for a 04 600RR? Mines been running between 180-200. Is that about right?

Last, can someone explain to me how a speedo healer works? Do you just plug it in and go or what? Is there something more to it?

Thanks, I know I should have searched but I'm leaving work and didn't have enough time.

Thanks again.

Last edited by shaggy135; 05-15-2007 at 03:51 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-16-2007, 05:08 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
the normal running temp is around 180-200 the fan will kick on at like 220. youll know when its on its loud

2003 RR Black

DIY Stacks
Yoshi S/S
Hotbodies Flushmounts
C/A Integrated Taillight
Pilot Power 2CT
H/M Fender Eliminator
Puig DB Dark Smoke
Brembo 15cc Reservoir
PC III
Gear Indicator
GPR Damper
Pazzo Levers
Goldeneye HIDS
vortex spools

Painted Black

Lowers
Rearsets
Engine cover
gas cap
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-16-2007, 07:05 PM Thread Starter

Cool, thanks,

as for my blinker, the front right side just died. The rear works fine now.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-17-2007, 08:49 PM Thread Starter

now my front right came back. the right side front and right look solid but I can see that they are flashing really quickly. Do I need to put resisters in both or just one?
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-17-2007, 09:10 PM

Sounds like whoever put the flushmounts on only put on one resistor. Some of the guys on this forum have don that as well, not really a problem, but you have to turn on the blinker on the side that has the resistor in order for the other side to work. As far as them staying solid/the right front not working, sounds like a short to me, but I am new to this game, too, so I am not sure.

I would check out the wiring, find the resistor(s) and see for shure what I was dealing with if I were you. If you don't like the single resistor thing, it is pretty easy to put in another one.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-18-2007, 07:21 PM Thread Starter

the front left has no resister, the rears might but I haven't looked yet. I did check the wiring on the front right and I did put on some new wire connectors thinking maybe one was making bad contact or something. But now the front is dead again. I'm thinking something is wrong with the blinker itself.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-14-2007, 09:17 PM Thread Starter

OK, I installed new hotbodies blinkers up front. Both sides were working fine. Then the right side started staying solid again. It doesn't happen all the time though. Its really random. The left works fine. There are no resistors installed. Could something in the back be causing this? It does have a rear light with integrated turn signals in it. Forgot to add that I also took the turn signal switch apart and cleaned the contacts. Still no change.

Last edited by shaggy135; 05-14-2007 at 09:28 PM.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-15-2007, 03:55 PM Thread Starter

OK, so I tore apart the rear tail light harness. Saw the 2 20W 5Ohm resistors. Measured them to make sure they were good. They both read good. Checked continuity between the tap in connectors. Still checked good. Checked the blinkers again. Now both stayed on constantly. So I went down to radioshack, got some new resistors and popped them on. Bam!! both sides work correctly now. I guess the previous resistors were partially blown or something. Or maybe the tap in connectors had a bad tap in? No idea, but they are working correctly now and I'm thankful I don't have to deal with it anymore. I'm greatful this site had so many posts about resistors that I could read up on to fix this. Thanks guys.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-17-2007, 12:24 PM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Maybe the original resistors were the wrong size?

Yes, average temp is 180-220 (maybe 225 if youre stopped on a hot day). When Im going slow in town, its around 200-220. On the highway, its always around 180.

As far as the speedo healer, I have one. You install it between the existing speedo connectors under the tank. You need to calibrate it after that. It comes with pretty good instructions and theres even better ones online that tell you how to get it all calibrated. Theres also a calculator online that tells you exactly what to enter to get it right. I just did mine using the gear changes and tire wear and used the standard error for the speedo. Mines really close to being right on (maybe 2 mph higher than what I'm really going), which is actually a little better than the stock setup was.

"It seemed like a good idea at the time."

Last edited by HomerSaurus; 05-17-2007 at 12:27 PM.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-18-2007, 01:17 AM Thread Starter

they could have been the wrong size? the previous ones were 20W 5 Ohm, and I replaced them with 20W 8 Ohm, but the left side worked every time until I started messing with them. I'm thinking the one side had a bad connection, one of those tap in connectors nearly sliced the wire completely in 2.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page