03 no start problem - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-18-2007, 11:02 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
03 no start problem

ok ive read all the posts i can find about bikes not starting and not one has given me an answer to what could be wrong or how to fix it!! i have an 03 and its been sitting in a cold garage all winter and not it wont start. the starter and fuel pump both work the bike just wont fire. any help would be appreciated!!! thnx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-19-2007, 02:29 PM

do it start to turn over? do your gauges light up when you turn the key to the on position?
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-19-2007, 04:28 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
if it sounds like the batt it ok make sure the kickstand is up or the bike is in N and the kill switch is on the running postion 2 smiple problems but peole miss them

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-19-2007, 08:54 PM
Moto GP Racer

It's probably your battery. I had the same problem and swore up and down it couldn't be the battery. Tried everything else first, then replaced the battery, and voila! damn battery.

R.I.P. Phattywhorefresh - 10.19.2010

"The lesson is that unbeatable superheroes only exist in movies." -Valentino Rossi

<--- me on the right

http://www.myspace.com/astars
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-19-2007, 11:51 PM Thread Starter

yea all the gauges light up and the kickstand is up and its in neutral
ill try a new battery in it.... thnx guys
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-20-2007, 12:30 AM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
has it been on a tender at all this winter? or did you remove the battery?

Like Schwing said its probably the battery.. IF you have a voltmeter you need arould 12.5 +vdc so she will turn over..

Matthew
03' 600rr - Track
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-20-2007, 01:12 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

does it make any sound when trying to start it and clicks? what about the headlight does it still go out when you hit the start button? if it wasnt just a simple kickstand or kill switch next bet would be batt or starter since its been sitting my guess is batt but it sounds like you got some juice goin cause you say the gauges are on see if the headlight is dim and if it still turns off when you hit the start button
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-20-2007, 12:31 PM Thread Starter

its been on a tender all winter.... the starter and fuel pump work cuz i can smell fuel in the exhaust fumes and it makes the winding noise when you turn it on b4 i try to start it ill try the voltmeter b4 i get a new battery
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-20-2007, 05:46 PM
Moto GP Racer

My relay clicked violently, and I had never heard that before, but when I charged the battery up, it started just fine. Haven't had any problems since. Sounds like your battery because your fuel pump and gauges are working. Since it's making the winding noise sounds like your relay is working.

Even if it's been on a tender all winter, perhaps it's not charged enough?

"The lesson is that unbeatable superheroes only exist in movies." -Valentino Rossi

<--- me on the right

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-23-2007, 04:41 PM
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwing View Post
My relay clicked violently, and I had never heard that before, but when I charged the battery up, it started just fine. Haven't had any problems since. Sounds like your battery because your fuel pump and gauges are working. Since it's making the winding noise sounds like your relay is working.

Even if it's been on a tender all winter, perhaps it's not charged enough?
i have a similar problem on my 03 - lights, gauges etc all come on. but when i hit the starter all i hear is this loud clacking noise and the bike won't start.
The bike was stored all winter without a battery tender and no stabilizer. I'm guessing the problem is bad gas because it seems like my battery works fine but i'd like to hear peoples' thoughts on the matter. What concerns me is that I've never heard my bike make that clacking noise before and I wasn't sure if it was something normal like the plugs firing or something that i should be concerned about.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-24-2007, 01:46 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stroke5 View Post
i have a similar problem on my 03 - lights, gauges etc all come on. but when i hit the starter all i hear is this loud clacking noise and the bike won't start.
The bike was stored all winter without a battery tender and no stabilizer. I'm guessing the problem is bad gas because it seems like my battery works fine but i'd like to hear peoples' thoughts on the matter. What concerns me is that I've never heard my bike make that clacking noise before and I wasn't sure if it was something normal like the plugs firing or something that i should be concerned about.
so the bike has been stored all winter now your going to start it and the engine DOESNT turn over and instead makes a loud clicking noise? and you think its bad gas? well if the engine doesnt even turn over the the gas has nothing to do with it. if thats your problem then the solution is simple charge your battery.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-24-2007, 04:57 PM
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thooper41 View Post
so the bike has been stored all winter now your going to start it and the engine DOESNT turn over and instead makes a loud clicking noise? and you think its bad gas? well if the engine doesnt even turn over the the gas has nothing to do with it. if thats your problem then the solution is simple charge your battery.
I concur. It's your battery.

<--- me on the right

post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-24-2007, 05:47 PM

Could be your batt but might not be.. Mine did the same thing after being stored in a cold carage What i did was check the plugs, clean them with brake and sand paper and put them back in then drain the fuel and put some new in.. after all this crank it a few times with no throttle turning it on and off each time.... I did this strted right up and runs like a dream check your batt first though its alot easier
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page