clear alternatives install problem!!!!!! - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 11:58 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
clear alternatives install problem!!!!!!

I just pick up a 2006 600RR from insurance auction. Every thing is fine with the bike but one thing keeps on bothering me . It has clear alternatives tail light and front hot bodies turn signals. Now who ever try to install the clear alternatives did a terrible job and after cutting the stock and clear alternative connectors just gave up. Now it's my turn to hook up the wires. When the fuse is blown i get brake light but no running lights, if i put in a new fuse(10A) than i have no lights at all. I get a reading of -11.98 on the brake light and nothing on the running lights. If the fuse blows than i get a reading of +11.something and brake light works but it seems like i'm not getting the power from the running lights. This thing is slowly pissing me off lol
Any ideas guys??
thanx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-01-2007, 04:07 PM

Sounds like you're grounding out your running light maybe? Try tracing back the stock wiring for the running light and check to make sure its not grounded prematurely or just open.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-01-2007, 11:17 PM Thread Starter

thanx for the reply. I figure it out today after checking out clear alternative website and my buddies 600rr. previous owner(idiot) cut the plugs and left it like this . Now i was hooking it up color to color so black to black green to green and green yellow to red( i checked with multimeter which wires have power and which is ground on the bikes harness). Now Clear alternatives somehow uses a different color code and it hooks up black wire from the tail to green wire from the bike's harness and black wire (ground) from bikes harness to green yellow(i think) from the tail light and than the red tail wire to green bikes harness wire. lol really confusing if you read it but simple when you look at it on the bike. Now all i need is 2 resistors for the turn signals and off to get a safety ;)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page