I have either oil or a oil mix like oil consendation coming out of my exhaust pipe - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-01-2007, 08:58 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I have either oil or a oil mix like oil consendation coming out of my exhaust pipe

I have notice lately that I have a lot of little black spots on the back of my jacket I also seen it on my pants 1 day because I walked behind it while it was putting on my gear. I can't figure out what it could be. I notice that when I start my bike I see some little specs of fluids coming out but, once I rev it a couple of time then it's gone. I held my hand there just to see and it seems like condensation w/ the carbon build up inside of the pipes that's probably making it black to look like oil. I change my map recently but I don't if the bike being to lean or rich would cause that. Or is that something that I shouldn't worry about. It rides and sounds the same. Without any problem. Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-01-2007, 09:07 PM
Moto GP Racer

Garage
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
miles......

year.....

other important information........

last air filter change........

What PCIII map are you running?

oil filter.........

etc.....

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-02-2007, 09:18 AM Thread Starter

I have about 20k miles on her. I have V-stacks, DIY ram air tubes, PC, Bmc Race Air filter. I did the pair valve mod Feb., chg. the oil and filter and cleaned and re-oiled my BMC race airfilter, drained my coolant and used water wetter w/distilled water only in March. I have the Art dual exhaust so ther is no map for it. Until I get a custom map. I'm runing the Erion Full exhaust map now. Was running the Jardine @ first. I have been just playing around w/ the different maps. I seem to like those 2 for some reason or maybe it's just me. The Jardine seems to have a kick @ 10K and 13K, Just like on the Honda cars when you can feel when the V-Tech kick in., but the Erion is smooth all the way through the pwr. band. I have the extended warranty on it unitil 2008. But of course I will need to put the pair valve parts back on before I take it in. It still runs great w/ out any hold back. Thanks for your help

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-09-2007, 12:53 PM

the little condensation is normal, just from the separation of water in your fuel...slowly coming out, what grade gas are you using? at about 20K you shouldnt have any carbon build up...get some VP gas...and every so often throw some in there, and mix it with premium fuel, it'll clean up real good!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-09-2007, 07:17 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cizzle600rr View Post
the little condensation is normal, just from the separation of water in your fuel...slowly coming out, what grade gas are you using? at about 20K you shouldnt have any carbon build up...get some VP gas...and every so often throw some in there, and mix it with premium fuel, it'll clean up real good!
I'm using premium only. What is VP gas. Is that race fuel?. The tips of my exhaust are always blk. I clean them maybe once a week to keep them looking good.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-12-2007, 06:39 PM
Moto GP Racer

Garage
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Could it be fuel smoke you're seeing instead of oil or water? With all of the mods you have you gotta get a custom map for that bike.

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-12-2007, 09:15 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRedRider View Post
Could it be fuel smoke you're seeing instead of oil or water? With all of the mods you have you gotta get a custom map for that bike.
+1 on the custom map, you have a lot modification to the air intake system.

How many miles on your exhaust? Ever been repacked?
It's about 12000 miles of use before I have to repack my Yosh.

Last edited by BiGxbOix510; 05-12-2007 at 09:18 PM.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-17-2007, 10:40 PM Thread Starter

How many miles on your exhaust? Ever been repacked?
It's about 12000 miles of use before I have to repack my Yosh.[/QUOTE]

maybe close to 20K. No they haven't been repacked. I have never heard of that one before. But I know what your are talking about.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page