idle rpm + vibration - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-03-2007, 01:43 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
idle rpm + vibration

So I have an 05' RR and recently I noticed a lot vibration coming from the bike. At a stoplight, I cannot see the face of the person behind me unless I physically touch the mirror. I did a search and didn't find many people complain about vibration at a stop. The only things I've done to the bike recently are changing the grips to a gel grip and changing to full synthetic (Rotella T Synthetic Sae 5w-40 advance soot control). The bike has about 8.5K miles. Is this normal?

After fully warmed up, the bike idles at around 1.6 and 1.7K. I remember it idling below 1.5K before. What factors would cause it to change the idle rpm? Does this need to be fixed?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-03-2007, 06:33 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i think everybodys mirrors vibrate. if you get some lock tite and tighten your mirrors down a shitload then it might help some. i'm pretty sure our bikes are supposed to idle at around 1300-1400. you can turn the idle screw on the left side of your bike JUST a little to adjust it. i dont think grips would change anything but maybe the oil would a little. i wouldnt be too worried about it though since you're sitting on a motor and things tend to vibrate in that kind of situation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page